At what time in the day do you read?

when I am laid up ill I read all day, but when at work I read late afternoon when things quiten down (I clean loos) but my main time is after the ten pm news til about 1 or 2am then go to sleep. my must haves beside my bed is a pint of full cream milk, and a big bar of chocolate. and a daylight lamp on.

i find laying in bed the best place to read. and I cannot have any backround tv radio or music on. It has to be totally silent for me to read.

Hows about you?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read when I'm on a long car journey (I get incredibly bored of sitting there doing nothing). I mainly read at about 7 to 9 in the evening, while listening to Radio 1 or a CD :friends0:

Whenever I feel like it apart from when I am at work. If I'm feeling ill (like recently) I tend not to read :) I also prefer to read in silence but often read whilst hubby is watching some naff programme or other :friends0:

Edited by madcow
spelling

My main reading time used to be morning and evening on the train, but now I don't commute to work it's mostly in an evening, after about 9pm.

I can read with a TV on in the background, but I prefer silence. Music really distracts me.

When I'm at work, I read at my morning coffee break and lunch break. When I get home from work, I sometimes have about half an hour before Dale gets up from his afternoon nap (being a Postie, he's up at the crack of dawn so he has a bit of a kip in the afternoons) and I usually read then too. ntil recently I would also soak in the bathtub for about an hour at night and read while I was in there, but being heavily pregnant, I've had to switch to showering as I find it more difficult to get out of the bath, never mind getting comfy whilst I'm in ther, so my reading time has been cut down a fair old bit. Actually, since I got pregnant, I've just not been reading so much anyway - I don't have the same concentration these days for books. :friends0:

On weekends, I often wake up a couple of hours before Dale does, so I often read in bed for an hour or so before getting up to make some breakfast for us both.

I commute to work so I read for about half an hour in the morning (half my commute), then at morning tea and lunch, then again on the way home and sometimes a few more pages at night.

I read at bedtime and breakfast time mostly, but if I get a chance I will read for an hour - hour and half in the afternoon. I can read to classical music easily. If the book is absorbing enough, there can be a whole roomful of people chatting and I wont hear them, I can completely switch off where necessary. My OH can confirm this.:friends0:

Please tell me, Kylie, that you're not one of those people who reads as they walk along the street! Now that's something I do find strange.

I have tried that a couple of times, but I always worry I'm going to trip over something, and make a prat of myself! :friends0:

I'm an evening reader, plus when I'm commuting.

Occasioanly on a day off, I'll make an afternoon of it in a coffee shop with a good book.

Please tell me, Kylie, that you're not one of those people who reads as they walk along the street! Now that's something I do find strange.

I tried that once. I was at a really good bit and it's a pretty straight street between the railway station and my house. Not something I'd do often though, I kept stumbling.

I used to sit on my front doorstep and read. Not quite ready to face the wife until I was done with the chapter.

Edited by Kell
Merged. :)

you never know you may be sitting next to another JK Rowling. I have made some new friends by reading in a coffee shop. It usually starts off with "What are you reading? One lady friend and I trawl the bookshops in Norwich by splitting up then meet in a coffee shop to compare finds. In my village there is a man who walks around the place reading book at the same time I would be worried about treading in doggy doo!

I hate those people who read Magazines in Newsagents shops. they always get in my way! when I am looking for Marvel comics. :friends0:

Er, well...:blush:

I don't do it often. I tend to carry my book everywhere so it doesn't get ruined in my bag, so whenever I stop it's easy enough to open it and read a couple of paragraphs. I ususally read in the lift, on escalators (when standing still), on train platforms etc.

The only time I really read when walking is in the morning, when I've just gotten into work and I'm wandering from my desk to the fridge and back again. I rarely read when walking outside because it's too hard trying to avoid bumping into people. That said, if I'm just trying to finish off a chapter or something...

Er, well...:blush:

I don't do it often. I tend to carry my book everywhere so it doesn't get ruined in my bag, so whenever I stop it's easy enough to open it and read a couple of paragraphs. I ususally read in the lift, on escalators (when standing still), on train platforms etc.

The only time I really read when walking is in the morning, when I've just gotten into work and I'm wandering from my desk to the fridge and back again. I rarely read when walking outside because it's too hard trying to avoid bumping into people. That said, if I'm just trying to finish off a chapter or something...

I'm afraid I'm one of those who reads while walking! I read for about 30 minutes at lunchtime, and I'm always walking as I do it:D