Angel's list

Angel

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not particularly Jake. Although the clues are religious. The book is set within Holy Week and the murderer has to be found before the end of Good Friday. I was surprised by the ending - but rest assured that although a little of religion is in it, this is basically a good murder book. Don't let the religious element ruin your perception of the book -it is a verybook!

I would say that other books have alot more religion in them as their central theme

Finished Jamaica Inn last night. Quite enjoyed it as we are off to Cornwall in 2 weeks today - so this one got me into holiday mood. Daphne Du Maurier is able to portray life up on the bleakest moors and imagines ship wrecking with some gruesome insight. 7/10 :)

Started Angels and Demons tonight and it promises to be good

Finished Angels and Demons tonight. Although using the same formula as the Da Vinci I enjoyed this one much more. I had worked out most of the culprits and wasn't too far out on the rational. Would certainly reread this one in the future

Now for a seriously difficult decision - what books to pack in the suitcase for end of next week when we go on holiday.

I think a chick lit, Maeve Binchy, The Copper Beach (great for not concentrating in depth) and one other - may have to scan the shops tomorrow morning!! :D

I'm not sure Maurren - they don't seem to grab my attention yet. I have heard both here and at work that Deception Point is good

I liked Deception Point but didn't really get into any of the others. I read around 100ish pages of one of the other books, but the religion aspect put me clean off

Started Salem Falls by Jodi Picoult today

I went shopping and came back with the Accidental Mother by Rowan Coleman. (This one is to be packed for next weeks holiday) Thought I would also try a new author to me, Ian Rankin - very large book with 3 books in one - Dead Souls, Set in Darkness and The Falls. :D

Updated list

Philippa Gregory - The Favoured Child

Philippa Gregory - Meridion

Victoria Holt - The Shimmering Sands

Brian Lynch - The Winner of Sorrow

Susan Howatch - Penmarric

P. D. James - Innocent Blood

Ellis Peters - The Knocker on Deaths Door

Cathy Kelly - Never Too Late

Jodi Picoult - The Tenth Circle

Jodi Picoult - Salem Falls read

Rowan Coleman - The Accidental Mother read

Maeve Binchy - the Copper Beech

Ian Rankin - Dead Souls read

Ian Rankin - Set in Darkness

Ian Rankin - The Falls

Rosamunde Pilcher - The Shell Seekers read

Philippa Gregory - Wideacre read

Started Salem Falls by Jodi Picoult today

I went shopping and came back with the Accidental Mother by Rowan Coleman. (This one is to be packed for next weeks holiday) Thought I would also try a new author to me, Ian Rankin - very large book with 3 books in one - Dead Souls, Set in Darkness and The Falls. :D

We have the whole collection of Ian Rankin's books and think they are excellent. Hope you enjoy Angel.

Finished Salem Falls tonight. I generally enjoyed this book, but I do not think it 'packed a punch' like many of her other books. The outcome for this one was fairly predictable and did not deliver any OMG! revelations.

Start the Accidental Mother tomorrow if time permits sitting in the car for a long journey

I am looking forward to the Ian Rankin books. I love a good murder!!

We love them as we are very familiar with where they are set (Edinburgh). A couple have been televised, John Hannah was cast as Rebus (main character) in the first one and he was soooo wrong for the part. They got it right next time and cast Ken Stott, who I love.

Never did read the Accidental Mother on holiday - the cottage had a copy of Rosamunde Pilcher's The Shell Seekers - which as a good guest, I read!! What a lovely light hearted read - I thoroughly enjoyed it! Very relaxing, especiall as much of it was set in Kernow

Started The Accidental Mother last night but did not get very far as we had been out for a meal and I was rather full - including plenty of wine :D

Finished The Accidental Mother - a real chick lit that is easy to read. It is a heart warming touching story of a single city girl who is left, as Godmother, 3yr and 6 yr old girls when her best friend dies. Having had no idea how to bring up children, she sets out to help them.....

This book is funny, heartbreaking, tender and has a lovely ending. I would recommend this one as a light read and would reread it

Finished The Accidental Mother - a real chick lit that is easy to read. It is a heart warming touching story of a single city girl who is left, as Godmother, 3yr and 6 yr old girls when her best friend dies. Having had no idea how to bring up children, she sets out to help them.....

This book is funny, heartbreaking, tender and has a lovely ending. I would recommend this one as a light read and would reread it

I think I like the sound of this.

Will finish Dead Souls tonight - it is a fairly good read. I think I will have to read more of Rankin's books to see if he is a consistantly good author. I'm not sure if I like DI Rebus yet - I keep comparing him with Morse, Dalgleish and Wexford- 3 detectives I love and are my reliable old favourites