Stephen King Guide

Kell

Ah, from the quote at the bottom of that bit, Michelle:

Book Description

The American No.1 bestselling "diary", the book that unlocks the secrets behind STEPHEN KING'S ROSE RED - the television series that took the US by storm and will be available on DVD/video in December 2002.

Perhaps the mini series was first and the book is like a novelisation of it?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahhh. i get it now! lol

I remember when i was like 6 or something mum let me watch Rose Red............

Even though i was eager to watch the whole thing, I was angry at mum for letting me watch it... I could NOT get to sleep that night!!!! *shudder*

it STILL freaks me out... but i enjoy the plot at least :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
I have requested 3 books from the library and Duma Key is one of them. The others are The Appeal by Grisham and I am Legend.

I am about 200 pages into the book and enjoy it very much. It may turn out to be one of the best of his that I have read. Have any other forum members read it yet.

• 1 month later...

It's a mini-series, Nici - 6 parts, I think (if I remember correctly). It's been showing a few times over the last few weeks though, so if you've missed an episode or two, it should repeat again shortly. Well worth watching though - an excellent cast and a pretty faithful adaptation (although, obviously, not exact).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

There is a great big chunk of the Dark Tower that would not be as interesting if you hadn't read Salem's lot so I disagree with the 'avoid' on that on.

Also, Pennywise is only one of the many faces of the evil in 'IT' so I think you've oversimplified there. I would encourage ppl to at least try IT. It's quite long and meandering but it does form a foundation to the 'Stephen King Universe' if you will, and many characters pop up in other books too.

Christine is actually one of my favourites. That's raw talent in Christine, pure and energetic.

From a Buick 8 I haven't read so wouldn't dare comment!

It's a bit unfair to write a list of 'avoid' without really justifying it. It may be that you just don't like the style of them...

I've always thjought that Needful Things never gets enough credit. It really is an amazing read and I think the whole concept of it is genius. It's so interesting how he plays all the characters off of each other. He really is an amazing author.