Magpie - Sophie Draper

Introducing Political Philosophy, A graphic guide

Introducing Economics, A graphic guide

Life Expectancy - Dean Koontz

Slade House - David Mitchell

Currently reading:

This Charming Man - Marian Keyes

Edited by ~Andrea~

Well it's been a while since I've been on here! I can't believe I'm so late in setting up my reading log. What a year it's been! Aside from the pandemic and lockdown, I was made redundant in January, from a job I'd been in for 19 years! Fortunately I managed to find another job pretty quickly and started in my new place about six weeks later in February. It's been a strange start though; after only about a month of starting we all began working from home. But that's actually been fine and we have plenty of video meetings - at least two a day, so it doesn't feel too remote.

I haven't done a great deal of reading though. And because I haven't set this thread up until just now I haven't been making a note of what I've been reading so far, so I'm not entirely sure what I've read. I've just noted down what I can remember.

I'm currently reading Slade House by David Mitchell, which I am thoroughly enjoying. I will try and get round to some reviews of my 2020 reading at some point!

Happy reading in 2020 everyone!! Thread open!!

Edited by ~Andrea~

Happy reading Andrea! I'm glad you found a new job so quickly and that they're dealing with working from home well! What a start to 2020 for you!

I've looked at Slade House before and thought it sounded really good, but potentially quite weird? I look forward to seeing your review of that one, it might help me decide if I want to buy it :lol:.

Hey Andrea! I'm glad you were able to find a new job quickly and that it's going okay working from home.

Happy reading this year :)!

Thanks everyone :)

I definitely recommend Slade House Hayley. I've finished it now and will try and do a proper review soon.