• Announcements

• Hayley

Signing Up   11/06/2018

Signing Up is once again available. New members are very welcome
    • Hayley

April Supporter Giveaway   04/01/2019

"If you look the right way you can see that the whole world is a garden."   In honour of spring, the April giveaway is a print of this wonderful quote from The Secret Garden (thanks, once again to www.thestorygift.co.uk) along with a Secret Garden tea (Victoria Sponge flavoured!) from the  Literary Tea Company! (You can find them both at their own website theliteraryteacompany.co.uk and at their etsy store www.etsy.com/uk/shop/LiteraryTeaCompany ).   As always, patreon supporters will be entered automatically and if you don't support but want to be included in this month's giveaway you can join the patreon here: www.patreon.com/bookclubforum A winner will be chosen at random on the last day of the month!
Sign in to follow this  
Hayley

Giveaways - Have Your Say

When I started doing monthly giveaways for supporters I said I would give it a six month trial because I didn't know if it would work. This month is the sixth (how fast has that gone!?) so I want to know how you all feel about the giveaways (and giveaways generally, this is a question for all members, not just supporters) now that trial period is over.

If you don't want to post your opinions publicly, just send them to me as a personal message and please be totally honest! I promise I won't be offended if you don't like my ideas or if you'd like things to be done a bit differently. I want the forum to be the best it can be for all of us.

Don't feel obliged to answer all of these, but these are the main things I'd really like to know...

• How do you feel about the items featured in the giveaways? Are they generally things you would like to have? Is there a thing you would like to see more of?
  • Would you like to have giveaways open to all members, not just supporters? Would you enter, if we did have open giveaways? What type of thing would you enter for?
  • If you wouldn't enter a giveaway, why not?
  • Would you prefer giveaways to be less frequent? (For example, they could be seasonal, rather than monthly)
  • Do you have any ideas for the giveaways? Even if you don't think they'd be possible, I'd love to know what you think!

I think the giveaways have been quite inventive and unusual. Having said that, a book giveaway would excite me the most.

I think it is fair that it is supporters only.

I think monthly is great, but I can understand that may be hard to maintain. Four times a year would not be such hard work?

Anything connected to books and writers would float my boat: plans of authors' houses; postcards and prints of authors or their birthplaces; books of course; tickets to book signings, book readings, and events etc ; pens, notepads, prints of cover art  (this is unlikely, I know). Quirky desktop toys- did you know there is an action figure of Jane Austen? (I have one) 

Thank you @vodkafan! Those are really great ideas and I didn't know you could get literary action figures! I now really want some quirky desktop toys myself though...

The only one we couldn't really do is tickets to events, because I'd have to make sure there was a suitable event for every supporter and that would be very difficult to organise with members in different countries!

I actually really enjoy putting the giveaways together and I've been lucky to speak to some really lovely people in the process, so I don't mind at all doing them every month! I've been getting all our prizes from small business too so it's nice to support them. 

I'll definitely put some thought into books we could do :) 

I can go along with most of what @vodkafan has said. Action figures of authors? Characters maybe, authors? not so sure - Sorry Jane A! 

I'm happy for the giveaways to be open to all on a regular basis, but perhaps with supporter only ones on occasions. Just to make us feel special. :D Random giveaways over monthly ones would be great - which ever works best for you! 

The giveaways so far have been lovely, and aside from events tickets I would agree that anything bookish or writing 'ish is fab. 

Thanks @Chrissy, it’s really great to know you’ve liked the giveaways so far :) 

All member giveaways would definitely be as well as, not instead of, supporter ones. I’ve had an idea for an all-member one for a while though so I might put that plan into action soon!