Round Robin Year-long Challenge

willoyd

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9.1.2018 at 2:14 AM, More reading time required said:

8. Frankie: Back to the King theme, but I really had to recommend The Running Man by Richard Bachman. If you've ever seen the film version with Arnie, be prepared to wonder what the hell they were thinking when they adapted it, as this version is so so much better (imo, of course :) ). 

Great choice, I think it's a book that I wouldn't have gone for myself and now I will pick it up sooner rather than later! :D   I've seen bits of the movie and it's... outstanding :D 

On 21.1.2018 at 6:56 PM, Ben said:

@frankie: I'm going to go with Sebastian Faulks' Birdsong but if it has already been suggested, Human Traces. (I'll read too, in that case.)

Birdsong it is then! :smile2:   

I'm sorry I'm so late with this, but my challenge to you is HHhH by Laurent Binet! I was happy to see the book on your TBR list, I hope you will enjoy it, as I hope to do so myself when I get a chance to read it! It's on my TBR list, too! :)

On 21.1.2018 at 6:56 PM, Ben said:
On 23.1.2018 at 10:49 PM, Little Pixie said:

Frankie:  The Opposite of fate - Amy Tan  - One of my favourite authors, and a book I gave as presents a few years ago. :)

Sorry for the mixed up quote block! I can't figure out how to make it right... :unsure: In any case, thanks Little Pixie for this suggestion! I started reading this book ages ago and really loved what I read but never managed to finish! I'm looking forward to reading it now! :smile2: