Hello :)

Sazed

Hey everyone, I'm Alex (female, haha)! I'm from Germany but I moved to the UK for uni and am now in my second year.

I'm literally about to go to sleep so am not really sure what to write about, but I stumbled across this forum and just had to sign up. Will look more into it tomorrow, just thought I'd quickly introduce myself :)

Welcome here, Alex :).

Is your forum name (Sazed) a reference to a character in the Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson by any chance? Or did you choose the name for a different reason?

What kind of books do you like to read?

I hope you enjoy your time here :).

Thanks, Athena!

You're right, it is a reference to the Mistborn trilogy. I was struggling to come up with a name when I looked at my Kindle, which I also gave the name Sazed (you know, storing knowledge/books and all) and I decided to just go for it. I like the name, and I like the trilogy even more  :lol:

I read a mixture of books, really. Some YA, although I've been drifting away from that a bit lately, Fantasy, historical fiction, literary fiction, crime... Sci-Fi not so much, although I did recently read and adore The Passage by Justin Cronin. I think it's more the stuff set in and around space that I don't like so much (The Martian being an exception). 

My favourite book of all time would have to be The Book Thief by Markus Zusak though :)

How cool your Kindle is named Sazed! So appropriate. I love the trilogy too! Brandon Sanderson is one of my favourite authors. Have you read anything else by him? I recently read The Alloy of Law (which takes place 300ish (?) years after the original Mistborn trilogy), which I liked but didn't love as much as the three Mistborn trilogy books. I really like most of the books I've read by him so far.

It's nice you read a variety of books :). Several people on here have read The Passage, though I haven't.

I loved The Book Thief, several people on here have read it and liked it I believe :).

Thanks :D I read The Rithmatist a while ago, but unfortunately I didn't really enjoy it. I think it might be because that's Young Adult and the writing style is slightly different, for some reason I just didn't click with it :/ 

I have The Alloy of Law on Audible though, and I'm planning on getting the book at some point as well. I really want to read all his other stuff as well, but there's so much I don't know when I'm meant to get to it all  :D

Awesome, I'm looking forward to meeting lots of new people with similar reading tastes :)

Thanks to the both of you! 

After more than a year in UK I can say I can definitely imagine spending the rest of my life here :)

Thanks :D I read The Rithmatist a while ago, but unfortunately I didn't really enjoy it. I think it might be because that's Young Adult and the writing style is slightly different, for some reason I just didn't click with it :/ 

I have The Alloy of Law on Audible though, and I'm planning on getting the book at some point as well. I really want to read all his other stuff as well, but there's so much I don't know when I'm meant to get to it all  :D

I haven't read The Rithmatist yet, shame you didn't really enjoy it. I did quite like Warbreaker and Elantris. I've read 4 out of currently 5 Alcatraz books and loved them, but they're middle-grade so quite different from the works for adults. I've also read some shorter fiction by him which I liked. The Stormlight Archives, the Reckoners series (YA) and The Rithmatist (YA) are still on my TBR (to-be-read).

I know what you mean, so many books, so little time.. it's a common thing :D.