71 replies to this topic

#61 lauraloves

lauraloves

Addicted!

• Supporter
  • 3,533 posts
  • Locationcambridgeshire

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:45 PM

Thanks Laura, I had a couple of deliveries yesterday and we had some £5 tractors! Some with trailers, also some little Landrovers which are great, and will hopefully be popular! Also had lots of pocket money toys too, like these:
https://www.google.c...fxulPSjHIafSRM:
and:
https://www.google.c...jkLBdDgS_qaIgM:
Both less than £3 so should be popular!

Those little things look great! Pocket money toys are a huge hit in my book - cheap on the pocket and I'm also not too bothered if he breaks them!

#62 Janet

Janet

Rebel Without A Clue!

• Admin
  • 9,786 posts
  • LocationSomerset

Posted 18 January 2017 - 06:25 PM

£26 is a lot for a chicken!

I'd probably pay £22 for this though!  :blush:  :wub:

#63 chaliepud

chaliepud

Addicted!

• Supporter
  • 4,569 posts
  • LocationLeafy Surrey

Posted Yesterday, 09:13 AM

I would love that one for my mum, she likes all things chicken. She has chicken plates, cups, gloves, trays, various chicken statues / figures, etc., and even some chicken plushies I bought for her.

Both of those things look so cute and colourful :)!

I hve a friend the same, it was her birthday yesterday so got her a lovely card with lots of chickens on it, from the gift shop of course!! :D

I think that chicken is really cute actually haha! I don't particularly want a plush chicken, but as plush chickens go I think he's doing fairly well :D

I think the bashful beige bunny is the one I want, though there's a cream one with floral inner ears I like too. Might get both hehe. I love those kind of floppy rabbits with the long ears because they remind me of the velveteen rabbit (one of my favourite stories), even though he looked quite different.

We have had the Bluebell and Tulip Pink Bashful Bunnies and they have both been very popular, this is my latest favourite though - http://www.jellycat....roy-fox-roy3fx/

#64 chaliepud

chaliepud

Addicted!

• Supporter
  • 4,569 posts
  • LocationLeafy Surrey

Posted Yesterday, 09:15 AM

Those little things look great! Pocket money toys are a huge hit in my book - cheap on the pocket and I'm also not too bothered if he breaks them!

Absolutely, I think parents appreciate it them, the bigger toys are generally for gifts or more spoilt kids!! I'm always amazed at how hard some parents find it getting through the shop without buying something though, some of the little lovelies are often dragged out screaming! :(

£26 is a lot for a chicken!

Oh, he is very sweet, I may have to pop him on the next order!!! :D

#65 Nollaig

Nollaig

Nerdfighter

• Moderators
  • 11,893 posts
  • Reading now?:Yes.
  • LocationCork, Ireland

Posted Yesterday, 09:16 AM

I hve a friend the same, it was her birthday yesterday so got her a lovely card with lots of chickens on it, from the gift shop of course!! :D

We have had the Bluebell and Tulip Pink Bashful Bunnies and they have both been very popular, this is my latest favourite though - http://www.jellycat....roy-fox-roy3fx/

Oh oh I actually have something very like him! It was a hot water bottle cover, but I liked him so much as a plush I took the bottle out and stuffed him. It was given to me as a present as I love foxes but it came from Primark :)

#66 Athena

Athena

Readaholic, BookWorm & BookEater

• Admin
  • 15,464 posts
  • LocationHelmond, the Netherlands

Posted Yesterday, 09:45 AM

So cute :wub:!! 

That's so nice :)!

I'm not keen on foxes myself, because they have eaten some of our chicken (so it's personal!), but that's a nice plushie of a fox :).

#67 chaliepud

chaliepud

Addicted!

• Supporter
  • 4,569 posts
  • LocationLeafy Surrey

Posted Yesterday, 10:11 AM

Ha! I love that it's a personal thing Gaia! I love foxes, probably because they have so much in common with dogs!

I really must look to see if they have any wolves or bears (not teddy bears) as they are my very favourite wild animals. :)

#68 Nollaig

Nollaig

Nerdfighter

• Moderators
  • 11,893 posts
  • Reading now?:Yes.
  • LocationCork, Ireland

Posted Yesterday, 11:36 AM

I absolutely adore foxes - I understand why they're a pest for farmers, but they're such beautiful animals :wub:

#69 chaliepud

chaliepud

Addicted!

• Supporter
  • 4,569 posts
  • LocationLeafy Surrey

Posted Yesterday, 12:52 PM

I absolutely adore foxes - I understand why they're a pest for farmers, but they're such beautiful animals :wub:

Me too, they can't help being the way they are, it is hard to educate wild animals as to what behaviour is acceptable in their local community. :P  I sometimes leave a couple of eggs out for our local ones as they love them. I have to be careful though as Jojo is not so keen on the little creatures and even my cat will chase them away; can be a funny sight, the fox scales our 6 foot fence and runs along the top, closely followed by the cat who is, in turn, closely followed by the dog.  :blush2:

#70 Madeleine

Madeleine

Addicted!

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Reading now?:A Second Chance by Jodi Taylor & End of the Roadie by Elizabeth Flynn
  • LocationSE England

Posted Today, 03:27 PM

I was once in the local park and saw a fox running at full pelt, with a cat close behind!  We do put out left overs for them and they come quite regularly now. 

#71 Janet

Janet

Rebel Without A Clue!

• Admin
  • 9,786 posts
  • LocationSomerset

Posted Today, 03:47 PM

I love foxes too.  Beautiful.  :wub:

#72 frankie

frankie

Partial!

• Supporter
  • 16,535 posts
  • LocationHelsinki, Finland

Posted Today, 05:47 PM

Oops, tried to be too clever with the quoting frankie, but I'm sure you get the gist! :D

I saw this and thought what is chalie talking about, the quotes are fine, and normal and not any cleverer than usual...? And then I remembered seeing you in Ben's thread, reiterating Ben's request for fixing one's quotes :D

You are certainly smart enough to follow the storyline and I know the subject matter will interest you. Faulks is very wordy but I found it so compelling that the story flew by! :)

Thanks for having the confidence in me :D I'll try!! I should make a priority reading list for the year... That's actually a good idea! I'll put Human Traces on it. That's not a promise to read it, though, but I'll put it on the priority list so at least there's a chance that I'll get to it. My mojo's been mostly okay with thrillers these days, nothing more than that :unsure: 

I don't actually watch it for exactly that reason! :o

I can totally understand that! 

Of course, though I suspect they tend to film out of normal working hours. Jojo and I are there Tuesday for her physio so we will keep our eyes peeled! :)

And then of course should something happen

I'm not sure any Vet can deal with Obi these days! :o :D

:giggle2: Obi is one of a kind! Oh that reminds me!! I saw an Australian Cattle Dog today! It was gorgeous :smile2: But it was a bit odd... I would think that those dogs cost quite a lot of money, especially over here, more so than other, more common dogs. So I was a bit surprised to see someone who was drunk at 10 AM walk the dog. (I had to go groceryshopping at a specific place for work, and alcoholics and drug addicts hang out next to the place, so I see them every time I'm there.... I don't mean these exact folks, because I haven't seen that dog before. I've seen one other dog before... He's gorgeous! And such a well behaved dog. I always want to pet him but I don't know how he'd react to strange people coming over to say hi... )

I do love it, the animals should be here in the Summer, I doubt I'll be working with them but I'm sure I will be able to get more than my share of cuddles! :wub:

Yeah I wouldn't expect you to get to work with them but I'm sure you'll be able to go and say hellooooo :smile2: Oh boy you're going to have such fun!! :smile2: 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Little Pixie