Talisman

Ugly bag of mostly water

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,257 posts
  • Reading now?:Before Night Falls: Reinaldo Arenas
  • Locationleafy Surrey

Posted 14 January 2017 - 09:57 PM

Sounds like a good day. Mine has been quiet by comparison, with a trip to Sainsbury's this morning while Coran did some work on a big website she is working on, followed by an afternoon of reading. I also booked an opera ticket for my trip to Malta in about 6 weeks (The Marriage of Figaro), which will soon come round. We are supposed to have heavy rain throughout much of tomorrow so I expect that will be a day of reading as well.

#62 Athena

Athena

Readaholic, BookWorm & BookEater

• Admin
  • 15,464 posts
  • LocationHelmond, the Netherlands

Posted 16 January 2017 - 10:47 AM

This past weekend we celebrated my mum's birthday. It was fun to see my family again and to spend some time with them. We had lovely food too.

#63 Madeleine

Madeleine

Addicted!

• Advanced Member
  • 1,052 posts
  • Reading now?:A Second Chance by Jodi Taylor & End of the Roadie by Elizabeth Flynn
  • LocationSE England

Posted 16 January 2017 - 12:54 PM

I finally managed to catch up with family too - after our trip to my aunt and uncle on New Year's Day had to be cancelled, we eventually got there yesterday for tea which was nice. 

#64 chesilbeach

chesilbeach

Conqueror of Mount TBR

• Moderators
  • 12,233 posts
  • Reading now?:Cogheart by Peter Bunzl

Posted 16 January 2017 - 05:14 PM

It was a short weekend for me, as I went into work yesterday, but the benefit it that I get a couple of days of at the end of this week, so I'm already planning what to do with them. :D   I definitely want to go and see A Monster Calls at the cinema, and the Slapstick Festival is on at Bristol at the weekend too, and as it's not too far away from me, I might try and see a silent film too - there's a Harold Lloyd on the schedule which I haven't seen before, so that might be a good choice :)  Mustn't think about it too much though, as there's still a couple of days of work to go first! :lol:

#65 Virginia

Virginia

Addicted!

• Advanced Member
  • 1,108 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 January 2017 - 06:19 PM

Hey y'all!

I've spent an hour or so updating my Happy Planner 365. I love this thing as it holds my fitness/meal journal, budget, bullet notes and calendar. I like to go through and update my budget for expenses over the weekend and set my appointments for the rest of the week. I found that this really keeps me on track, no leaving notes and papers all over my desk. 

This morning I did my 5 minute tabata workout, had quiet time, made my green smoothies (two per day) took my vitamins and put away laundry. Later today I'll go for a nice long walk but between now and then, I'm working on the outline for my book. 

Today is Martin Luther King Day and I've opted out of doing the regular parades and such. It honestly just not in me this year. 

Have a great day!

#66 Onion Budgie

Onion Budgie

Avid Reader

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 16 January 2017 - 06:50 PM

and the Slapstick Festival is on at Bristol at the weekend too, and as it's not too far away from me, I might try and see a silent film too - there's a Harold Lloyd on the schedule which I haven't seen before, so that might be a good choice :)  

That sounds awesome!  Which Harold Lloyd film?  I have a massive box set of his films.  Are they showing any Buster Keaton?  He's my main man (as you may have guessed by my avatar!).

#67 chesilbeach

chesilbeach

Conqueror of Mount TBR

• Moderators
  • 12,233 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 06:58 PM

That sounds awesome! Which Harold Lloyd film? I have a massive box set of his films. Are they showing any Buster Keaton? He's my main man (as you may have guessed by my avatar!).

It's called Hot Water. The Buster Keaton this year is NotFilm and I know they've shown sone in the past too :)

#68 Onion Budgie

Onion Budgie

Avid Reader

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 16 January 2017 - 07:22 PM

It's called Hot Water

That's a great one!

#69 chesilbeach

chesilbeach

Conqueror of Mount TBR

• Moderators
  • 12,233 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:27 PM

That's a great one!

Oh good!  I'm really looking forward to it now :D

#70 Nollaig

Nollaig

Nerdfighter

• Moderators
  • 11,891 posts
  • Reading now?:Yes.
  • LocationCork, Ireland

Posted 18 January 2017 - 12:27 PM

Had a nice tea break this morning with a colleague/friend, teaching her how to get started cross stitching. Was really nice :) I'm not great at making friends, and this was the first time we did anything together without our intermediary mutual friend, so am happy.

#71 Talisman

Talisman

Ugly bag of mostly water

• Advanced Member
  • 3,257 posts
  • Reading now?:Before Night Falls: Reinaldo Arenas
  • Locationleafy Surrey

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:49 PM

I have had a busy few days at work now that my grumpy ex colleague has gone. I don't mind though as it so much nicer without him. They are advertising for a replacement who will I am sure be appointed in due course. The rest of the maintenance team have agreed though that as from Monday next week we will have a box in our tea room and every time someone mentions his name they have to put a pound coin in the box. At the end of the year the money will be used for all of us to go to the nearest pub, which happily is less than 5 minutes walk away.  It might be quite a party.   :smile:

I must admit that it gave me great pleasure to see his keys hanging up on the hook on Monday. It gave me even greater pleasure to clear out all the rubbish that he left behind in our housekeeping storage shed. :D

#72 chesilbeach

chesilbeach

Conqueror of Mount TBR

• Moderators
  • 12,233 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 05:22 PM

Had a nice tea break this morning with a colleague/friend, teaching her how to get started cross stitching. Was really nice :) I'm not great at making friends, and this was the first time we did anything together without our intermediary mutual friend, so am happy.

That sounds great, Noll!  I'm terrible at making friends, but on the odd occasion when I've made the effort, it's mostly worked out very well.

I've had a busy day, trying to get all my work done before the end of the day as I'm off for a few days now.  Definitely off to the cinema for a couple of films tomorrow and it's also my book group in the evening, so looking forward to tomorrow immensely. :smile2:

#73 muggle not

muggle not

Huggle A Muggle

• Supporter
  • 3,006 posts
  • Reading now?:Mistborn - Brandon Sanderson
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted Yesterday, 01:15 AM

Today was a beautiful and warm day (for January) and I washed the car and then tossed a football with the neighbors 6 year old for about 30 minutes.

#74 Athena

Athena

Readaholic, BookWorm & BookEater

• Admin
  • 15,464 posts
  • LocationHelmond, the Netherlands

Posted Yesterday, 09:23 AM

That sounds nice :)!

I must admit that it gave me great pleasure to see his keys hanging up on the hook on Monday. It gave me even greater pleasure to clear out all the rubbish that he left behind in our housekeeping storage shed. :D

I'm glad you feel better :).

I've had a busy day, trying to get all my work done before the end of the day as I'm off for a few days now.  Definitely off to the cinema for a couple of films tomorrow and it's also my book group in the evening, so looking forward to tomorrow immensely. :smile2:

I hope you enjoy your day today :).

Today was a beautiful and warm day (for January) and I washed the car and then tossed a football with the neighbors 6 year old for about 30 minutes.

I'm glad you had a nice day :).

I'm enjoying a few quiet days, relaxing and resting from the past busy times.

#75 Ben

Ben

Final Frontier

• Advanced Member
  • 5,913 posts
  • Reading now?:Alone in Berlin by Hans Fallada & Anne Bronte's The Tenant of Wildfell Hall.
  • LocationWest Yorkshire.

Posted Yesterday, 09:47 AM

Sadly ill...

Full of cold and was actually physically sick through the night. Had managed to brave most of this week at work (bit of sniffles never hurt anyone!) but unfortunately had to ring in this morning - and because of actual sickness was advised to not go in tomorrow either. It's frustrating - I'd honestly rather be busy/not feeling unwell/at work, but what can you do? *shrugs*

Going to spend a few days resting up, reading when I feel up to it, probably watching sport on the telly and drinking copious amounts of tea.

:doh:

#76 Onion Budgie

Onion Budgie

Avid Reader

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted Yesterday, 01:56 PM

Hope you feel better soon, Ben.

Cold but sunny weather here today, so I'm going to take advantage and head on out for a long walk.  

#77 chaliepud

chaliepud

Addicted!

• Supporter
  • 4,568 posts
  • LocationLeafy Surrey

Posted Yesterday, 02:34 PM

Sounds lovely, nice when you can make a new friend who has lots on common with you. :)

#78 chesilbeach

chesilbeach

Conqueror of Mount TBR

• Moderators
  • 12,233 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:50 PM

Our extension roof is finally being replaced, so no more water leaks in the kitchen!!!  My other half is organising it all and staying at home while the roofers are around, so I'm making the most of my few days off work to go and do something fun, and basically just stay out of the way. :giggle2:  I've been to the cinema most of the day, then went out to eat, popped in to visit my dad, and have just got home, so putting my feet up with a cuppa and a catch up on the forum. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users