Athena

Fredrik Backman

Someone recently recommended a few books by Fredrick Backman to me. He's a Swedish author. He's written A Man Called Ove, My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry / My Grandmother Sends Her Regards And Apologises (US / UK title) and Britt-Marie Was Here. By the looks of Wikipedia he's written one other novel but it hasn't been translated into English. Has anyone read anything by him? I did a search on the forum, A Man Called Ove appeared in several TBRs, but I couldn't find any reviews anywhere.

Here's a thread on A Man Called Ove I started some time ago. The author's first name is spelled without the c (as in Fredrik). I've also read Britt-Marie Was Here and really liked it :smile2:

A Man Called Ove

Weave's review

Jänet's review

Bobblybear's review

Willoyd's review

My review

My review on Britt-Marie Was Here

Edited by frankie

Thanks for all those links, Frankie :). Apparently a few TBR lists had the name written wrong too, I didn't think to check it. It looks like most people enjoyed books by this author, that's good to know.

I've read 'My grandmother sends her regards and apologises' and 'Britt-Marie'. They were both good, definitely very moving books but not in a manner that feels forced or unnecessary. Bonus: the Britt-Marie character overlaps!