Your Book Activity - June 2016

frankie

I finished We Should Hang Out Sometime by Josh Sundquist and loved it. Very funny, and the guy makes fantastic graphs :lol:

I'm happy to hear you liked it :D!! I loved the graphs too.

I only read 18 pages yesterday, in Monica Furlong - Duran 3: Colman (Dutch). I didn't feel in the reading mood. I hope to read a bit more today.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grunt by Mary Roach is out today!! It arrived late last night, as I had it on preorder.

It's not out here until 22 June, and that's only the hardback. The Kindle edition isn't out until 22 August! :thud: Maybe the price will fall between releases, as £10.79 is too steep for me. :o

It's not out here until 22 June, and that's only the hardback. The Kindle edition isn't out until 22 August! :thud: Maybe the price will fall between releases, as £10.79 is too steep for me. :o

The price fell here, $15 for Kindle (outrageous!) to $9. And if I remember correctly, it's not even 300 pages :o

I am trying to read all the movie to book adaptations before the movie. As soon as I see a trailer or my book site updates there is a new book on my reading list. One of the I read was fault in our stars.

Edited by Kylie
Removed link

I finished Monica Furlong - Doran 3: Colman (Dutch) and have started to read Jenny Han - Aan Alle Jongens Van Wie Ik Hield 1: Aan Alle Jongens Van Wie Ik Hield (To All The Boys I've Loved Before 1: To All The Boys I've Loved Before). So far the book is nice, though I don't know if it'll be brilliant. There's one character in the book (a side character) whom I find annoying, but so far I like the story.

Wow... I um... finished The Butterfly Garden.

I'm stunned.

Was it good?

I've been reading The Wrong Train by Jeremy De Quidt, which is a series of 8 short creepy stories set in a larger narrative. Kids book, but it definitely creeped me out last night :D I've put aside The Lie Tree for now, might pick it up again tomorrow.

I just started Philippa Gregory's The Other Queen (book 6 in The Tudor Court series), about the struggle between Elisabeth I and Mary Queen of Scots. Just not in the mood for Mary Roach's Grunt yet.

Wow, no one's had any book activity for a few days?!

I'm busy with the read-a-thon, the next read will be a book by Geronimo Stilton (I'm reading my library read-a-thon loans) :). I also went to the library sale yesterday and bought lots of books :).

I thought I should post in here, since no one else has for a couple of days. I want to know what you're all reading (unless, of course, you're reading the same book or have posted about it in another thread).

Wow, no one's had any book activity for a few days?!I'm busy with the read-a-thon, the next read will be a book by Geronimo Stilton (I'm reading my library read-a-thon loans) :). I also went to the library sale yesterday and bought lots of books :).I thought I should post in here, since no one else has for a couple of days. I want to know what you're all reading (unless, of course, you're reading the same book or have posted about it in another thread).

I thought the same thing! I posted in the Lydia Davis thread instead :D. I'm glad you're having fun with the read a thon, you've read a lot already! Can't wait to see the new book list :)

I thought the same thing! I posted in the Lydia Davis thread instead :D. I'm glad you're having fun with the read a thon, you've read a lot already! Can't wait to see the new book list :)

Well posting in another thread works too :D. Thanks :)! I'll post the new book list in a couple of days, it will take me a while to catalogue all the new books (and my read-a-thon reads). Thanks :).

I think everyone is out enjoying the sunshine. :D

I'm just about to finish The Road to Little Dribbling by Bill Bryson, which I enjoyed a lot.  I still have 3 library books to read, but I think I might read a Kindle book instead. I might read the book about the Columbine shooting, as Frankie's recent read has piqued my interest.

Wow, no one's had any book activity for a few days?!

I'm busy with the read-a-thon, the next read will be a book by Geronimo Stilton (I'm reading my library read-a-thon loans) :). I also went to the library sale yesterday and bought lots of books :).

I thought I should post in here, since no one else has for a couple of days. I want to know what you're all reading (unless, of course, you're reading the same book or have posted about it in another thread).

The second half of a summer term in a primary school is manic! Reading is getting squeezed into odd moments, usually late at night. Yesterday, was the day of our big show: 7.00am start rigging lighting and sound systems in local theatre, morning technical rehearsals, afternoon final dress rehearsal, evening performance, then finished derigging and loading vans around 11pm....phew!! Worth every moment - the children were brilliant, and it's a fab team to work with (we had a good post-show do afterwards at a colleague's, finishing around 2 this morning!).

Getting back on thread: stayed up late on Wednesday night to finish Jonathan Dimbleby's The Battle of the Atlantic - a really good narrative history, better than I expected. I've now started Bruce Chatwin's On The Black Hill. Love the first pages, with a lovely sense of place.

Edited by willoyd