Movies You're Looking Forward to in 2014

Kylie

What movies are you looking forward to seeing this year?

My immediate 'must watch' movie is The Book Thief, which comes out next week in Australia.

I'm also looking forward to seeing The Hobbit tomorrow (technically a 2013 movie, but only released here last week).

The Book Thief

The Hobbit

American Hustle........will be a strong Academy Award candidate

Mr. Banks

August: Osage County........ starring Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts, Chris Cooper, Ewan McGregor

Edited by muggle not

The Book Thief

The Hobbit

Mr. Banks

August: Osage County........ starring Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts, Chris Cooper, Ewan McGregor

American Hustle is great- saw it the other night.  Jennifer Lawrence is hilarious.

The Book Thief

The Hobbit

Mr. Banks

Add Catching Fire to the list.

Films I'd like to see this year:

• 300: Rise of an Empire
  • The Amazing Spider-Man 2
  • American Hustle
  • Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  • Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
  • Dracula Untold
  • Edge of Tomorrow
  • Fast and Furious 7
  • Godzilla
  • The Hobbit: There and Back Again
  • The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1
  • I, Frankenstein
  • Maleficent
  • Noah
  • Pompeii
  • St Trinian’s 3
  • Welcome To Yesterday
  • X-Men: Days of Future Past

I'm pretty excited about Gone Girl (starring Ben Affleck). I loved the book. Also these other book adaptations: The Fault in Our Stars, The Giver(Jeff Bridges. Meryl Streep), Mockingjay, and The Hobbit:There and Back Again.  There's also going to be a new Far From the Madding Crowd starring Carey Mulligan, but I'm not really sure if it comes out this year or not.  I must read the Book Thief before I watch the movie, though.

I'm pretty excited about Gone Girl (starring Ben Affleck). I loved the book. Also these other book adaptations: The Fault in Our Stars, The Giver(Jeff Bridges. Meryl Streep), Mockingjay, and The Hobbit:There and Back Again.  There's also going to be a new Far From the Madding Crowd starring Carey Mulligan, but I'm not really sure if it comes out this year or not.  I must read the Book Thief before I watch the movie, though.

I'd like to see these too, although I have to read Gone Girl first!

Thanks for the info about Far from the Madding Crowd; it's the only Hardy I've read and I'd love to see an adaptation.

Not technically a movie, but I can't wait to see the mini series of Jonathan Clarke and Mr Norrell.

There are 3 films at the moment that I want to see - 12 Years a Slave, The Railway Man and course The Long Walk to Freedom.

The other films I am looking forward to are Noah (filmed mostly in Iceland and starring Russell Crowe - I have seen the trailer and it looks brilliant), and Divergent.  

The Book Thief

The Hobbit

Mr. Banks

American Hustle is great- saw it the other night.  Jennifer Lawrence is hilarious.

Golden Globe winners last night.

American Hustle won the Award for best picture.

Jennifer Lawrence (American Hustle) won the award for best supporting actress.

Amy Adams (American Hustle) won the award for best actress.

Edited by muggle not

Golden Globe winners last night.

American Hustle won the Award for best picture.

Jennifer Lawrence (American Hustle) won the award for best supporting actress.

Amy Adams (American Hustle) won the award for best actress.

Amy Adams ROCKED that role (that was unintentional lol)  Her dress was hideous though :P

Edited by Anna Begins

• 2 months later...

I didn't really enjoy The Book Thief, but seem to be in a minority compared with my friends.

I'm looking forward to watching Noah when it comes out. Mostly because it's directed by my favourite director, and the trailer looks good.