Desert Island Essentials

Like desert island discs [without the discs.] If you were washed up on a small desert island what 3 things [luxuries] would you want? There is food and water  on the island [fruit, a few veggy things and nuts] and leaves to wear as clothes, though it's a warm island anyway.

my luxuries are,

a wind up radio,

a double duvet [nights may be cold-ish]

the complete works of W. Shakespeare

How about you?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmmm... Luxury items? *thinking* :P

1. A satellite phone (so that I can at least order take always now and then :D)

2. A small Wendy house (for those tropical storms)

3. Pillows

lol! :) At least I didn't say a nice dragon to take me to other islands for a visit now and then or pink fluffy bunny rabies because the make a nice stew and I didn't even mention the unicorns! :P

lol! :) At least I didn't say a nice dragon to take me to other islands for a visit now and then or pink fluffy bunny rabies because the make a nice stew and I didn't even mention the unicorns! :P

Gald you didn't as that would have been a bit worrying!!!Looks like it's just you and me on this topic Vimes. My next three things would be......

A state of the art fishing rod, a box of matches, and a big plate.

LOL, it would be..:) Yes it seems as as if it is just us...sitting on an island...no body wants to join ...lol ignore me my sense of humor is getting the better of me here :P.

ok serious face...next three things hmmm

A big towel

Sun screen

And a comfy deck chair!

I think I'd want noise-cancelling headphones, ipod (in case the noise cancelling bit doesn't fade out other noises enough), books (can I have a house? I suppose not). I've never really thought about it, these scenarios are very scary to imagine for me as anything unexpected and new is difficult. I have trouble spending a night in a place that isn't home, let alone on a deserted island where you're out in the wild. It's difficult for me to be outside longer than an hour, let alone being outside the whole time *shudders*.

Aww poor Athena........ it would be nice and quiet for you anyway on the Island. You can't have a house but you can have a large wind-proof tent, how's that?So, that's a tent and headphones, you need a third thing, hhhmmmn, a camp-bed! :D Now think of three things to put in your tent?

Hmmm,

My luxuries would be;

a knife (I like crafts, it would come in handy for DIY and carving)

a mobile phone with good reception

a friend (even if its a person to argue with.  You know those kind of arguments that begin, "if you were the last person left in the world with me I wouldn't :rolol: ...........")

Aww poor Athena........ it would be nice and quiet for you anyway on the Island. You can't have a house but you can have a large wind-proof tent, how's that?So, that's a tent and headphones, you need a third thing, hhhmmmn, a camp-bed! :D Now think of three things to put in your tent?

x

Clothes (that fit me), a towel and my boyfriend (is that allowed?).

Hmmm,

My luxuries would be;

a knife (I like crafts, it would come in handy for DIY and carving)

a mobile phone with good reception

a friend (even if its a person to argue with.  You know those kind of arguments that begin, "if you were the last person left in the world with me I wouldn't :rolol: ...........")

LOL, are we sure this augment wouldn't end badly for someone? :P Maybe it would be better to have someone that you like with you?

x

Clothes (that fit me), a towel and my boyfriend (is that allowed?).

that depends Athena! Is your boyfriend a luxury item, hhmmmmn?Lucky you. :giggle2:

LOL, are we sure this augment wouldn't end badly for someone? :P Maybe it would be better to have someone that you like with you?

I agree, especially as you have a craft knife on you Kreader !!!!! We wouldn't want a case of Death In Paradise.

I wish for........

a replacement pair of specs [in case of breakages]

a small saucepan,

and [as it looks like it's settled we can have one person with us]Hugh Laurie [he's kind, intelligent and amusing and he enjoys a spot of fishing.]

Hmmm... I would like....a solar powered fridge (so I can have cold water to drink), a umbrella and a suitcase full of cloths (so you always have something clean to wear)

Edited by Vimes

that depends Athena! Is your boyfriend a luxury item, hhmmmmn?Lucky you. :giggle2:

x

He isn't! I consider him a necessity :P. He's not an item though, it was because Kreader included a friend that I thought we'd be allowed to include people.

I'd also want a replacement pair of glasses since I can't see my without them. Moral of the story, I'm definitely not suited to live on a deserted island :giggle2:.

Haha that's true, though if the weather is nice enough during the summer I can get a tan in my garden.. normally I just don't spend a lot of time outside because it's too noisy and too tiring. Once I have a tan it normally lasts for quite a few months, and I get a tan before I get sunburned in this country. So that's pretty good, I've always been happy with that. I'm a minor part Indonesian, several generations ago one of my dad's ancestors married an Indonesian woman. You can't really tell though, but I think the sun tanning ability comes from there. My mum sunburns much more easily (as does my sister). My brother and I can get a bit of a tan.

Lucky you! I don't tan that well, it takes all summer for me to get a nice tan and then it fades quickly. It sounds like your family history is little bit of everything, like mine :)

Edited by Vimes