A Short Story by Neil Gaiman

I might peruse this at some point this weekend. I've only read his American Gods novel but I loved that. :D

Hmmm, American Gods was the novel that I liked the least of his. All of the other books I loved, especially "The Graveyard", it was a great, great, story and the ending had me choked up.

Chrissy - I read the story that you attached, "Down To A Sunless Sea", and it kinda puzzled me a little. Of course at my age many things confuse me. :)

Off-topic - my granddaughter went "punting" in the Thames when she was 16 years old. LOL, I better not tell her how filthy the river is., or maybe she already knows.

Thanks for sharing that Chrissy. Good short stories are hard to find but I thought he caught the mood of the story very well, Neil Gaiman is always rather dark.

Hmmm, American Gods was the novel that I liked the least of his. All of the other books I loved, especially "The Graveyard", it was a great, great, story and the ending had me choked up.

Still getting there Muggles :blush:

Of course at my age many things confuse me. :)

I've never heard such rubbish!!  :D

Edited by poppy

Thanks for sharing that Chrissy. Good short stories are hard to find but I thought he caught the mood of the story very well, Neil Gaiman is always rather dark.

Still getting there Muggles :blush:

I've never heard such rubbish!!  :D

:P

I think you really don't like A Game of Thrones. Either that or you don't want to read The Graveyard. :)

I neglected to than you Chrissy for posting the short story by Neil Gaiman, an author that I have come to really enjoy, and whose writing I was introduced to by that person fron NZ. I just finished downloading his book "Stardust" which I will start reading tomorrow.

:P

I think you really don't like A Game of Thrones. Either that or you don't want to read The Graveyard. :)

Wrong ....and wrong!! :D But it IS a long book, I'm halfway through which is the equivilent of a normal size book :P And I'm very much looking forward to The Graveyard, I'm just having a real reading go-slow at the moment.

.....whose writing I was introduced to by THAT person fron NZ.

:giggle2:

Hope you enjoy Stardust, Muggles. It's a delightful story (for some reason I thought you'd read it already ....now who's having confused moments???? )

• 3 years later...

This was in his most recent collection Trigger Warning. Wasn't much of a fan of this one. In fact, Trigger Warning was a bit of a disappointment for me in general. Not terrible, but not as good as his previous two collections. I think I gave it a 3/5 on goodreads. 

• 2 months later...

Thanks for posting the link. The story is deliciously dark, in true Gaiman style.

I loved American Gods - the first book by Gaiman that I read. The imagery is very powerful. That said, I enjoyed his "lighter" works as well - Stardust and Good Omens (with Terry Prachett).

• 11 months later...