• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just downloaded some more free ebooks onto my Kobo. Got:

Home Lost by Franz McLaren

Socialpunk by Monica Leonelle

Blackthorn: A Tale of Fire and Fury by Nik Morgan

Think all 3 are dystopian. I know at least 2 are xD

Dangerous Liasions is certainly not an easy read, is it? :thud: I'm finding myself having to re-read sentences very slowly to get the full meaning. It's a bit frustrating, to be honest. :hide:

Uh oh ... :o  :empathy:

I've come down with a flu so I should have plenty of time to read over the next days. I'm half way through Disordered Minds by Minette Walters (which I'm really enjoying so far) and then it's time for Dangerous Liaisons.

I have to put it aside for a while as I'm getting too annoyed with it. :blush2:  I'll be really interested to see how you find it, Frankie. I don't mind complex stories, but complex writing styles put me off.

I'm moving on to The Woman In Black by Susan Hill. Something tells me I'm going to be spooked by it. :lurker:

Flu sucks - hope you feel better soon. :friends0:

Edited by bobblybear

Nearly there with 'Home Front'. Was reading it in bed last night and I actually shed a few tears when I finished a particular chapter... :cry:

Just finished it....great read...thanks chaliepud.

Edited by Inver

I've come down with a flu so I should have plenty of time to read over the next days. I'm half way through Disordered Minds by Minette Walters (which I'm really enjoying so far) and then it's time for Dangerous Liaisons.

Ah take plenty of fluids and rest frankie - hope you feel better soon  :friends0:

Three of the books I ordered were cancelled - as they're having trouble importing them.

So, I'll have to wait a while before I read Dangerous Liaisons, The Lions of Al-Rassan and Kafka on The Shore

Meanwhile I'm enjoying Villette immensely - and am pleasantly surprised at how easy it is to read, understand and get into (given my apprehension about classics).

Edited by bree

I finished Everything's Eventual which was good obviously I liked some stories more than others but good over all. I

I finished 1227 QI facts as I got it for 20p from amazon and enjoyed that.

I have also finished The Hundred Year Old Man Who Climbed Out of a Window and Disappeared which I thought was really good. Although I preferred the historical bits.

Not sure what to start next as I keep buying the 20p bargain ebooks from amazon :D

Nearly there with 'Home Front'. Was reading it in bed last night and I actually shed a few tears when I finished a particular chapter... :cry:

Just finished it....great read...thanks chaliepud.

So glad you liked it Diane, "Night Road" is definitely one to look out for now... I just finished Firefly Lane which is one of her older titles which I also enjoyed, her next book, coming out this year is a follow up to it..  Sadly most of her books are not available to buy over here as Night Road was her first book to be released here as part of the Richard and Judy book club.. :)

I'm now reading The Dive From Clausen's Pier which has been on my TBR shelf for far too long! :)

I'm still reading David Mitchell's Back Story. It's very good, and I like the humour. I've never watched Peep Show or That Mitchell and Webb Look, but I do like him on panel shows like QI and Would I Lie To You?, and I can see the same humour from those in the book. :D

Just been into town with my Mum and decided that after I have finished the Mistborn Trilogy I'm going to leave the majority of my ebooks until the beginning of April when I go to my Dad's. Would be a pain to lug a load of books with me on a coach. So, we just brought:

• The Daylight War - Peter V. Brett
  • The Reality Dysfuntion - Peter F. Hamilton

And from me putting these on Goodreads we've realised that The Daylight War is the 3rd in the series so we need to buy the first. xD We've read a Peter F. Hamilton before. The one about the North's! I'm also going to be reading Never Saw It Coming by Linwood Barclay once I've finished the Mistborn Trilogy

The Painted Man (in the US: The Warded Man) is the first in Peter V. Brett's series, the second is The Desert Spear. I really loved both of those books (and am eagerly awaiting the paperback release of The Daylight War). I hope you enjoy these books, as well as the Peter F. Hamilton books (I love his Night's Dawn trilogy).

Edited by Athena

Thanks for clarifying the first book of the Demon Cycle. We just went onto Amazon and we were like "Which one is it?!" :lol:

Yeah, Peter F. Hamilton's book about the North's was quite good and I've got a preview of one of his books on my Kobo... Which I haven't read yet. :lol:

Uh oh ... :o  :empathy:

Ugh!  Hope you feel mo'bettah verra soon!

I'm still reading Asset....didn't get much chance to read yesterday.

I hope you enjoy these books, as well as the Peter F. Hamilton books (I love his Night's Dawn trilogy).

Me too - it's probably my favourite sf trilogy.  Really epic stuff  :smile:

I'm 300 pages into Stephen Gallagher's The Kingdom of Bones :smile:

I'm really struggling with Dangerous Liaisons. I've been reading it since Monday and managed 60 pages!

Like you bobblybear I'm really struggling with the writing style, having to read sentences several times and finding myself unable to get through more than 2-3 letters at a time. Bah.

I've just had a look at the sample of that edition and compared it to mine, and I would say that mine is much more readable, and has a better flow.  It seems a somehow more modern translation, and I think perhaps that's why it seems easier to read.  I know the Penguin edition is more expensive, but I find their translations are usually excellent.