The last film you saw - 2013

Lilywhite

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right .. he's the best Rochester I've seen yet (by a million miles) .. and I thought Zelah Clarke was very good as Jane too (though it ended her career apparently :o .. she never got offered anything else and had to retire.)

Good grief!  I had no idea about Clarke!  She was a perfect Jane.  What a bloody shame.

I prefer the TV series, the film is OK but Mos Def is awful as Ford Prefect, he just mumbles every line and all the jokes get lost. Sam Rockwell is good though, as is Alan Rickman.

x

I agree, I didn't really find him convincing and found it hard to hear what he was saying. I much prefer the Ford Prefact from the TV series. I did really like Trillian though, more than the one from the TV series.

I've just watched Escape Plan/ The Tomb

I really enjoyed it, Stallone and Arnie were great. It had a good story considering, that I expected it to be just an action film.They also had a good supporting cast.

I just left the cinema. I walked out of Ender's Game. I hadn't read the book so I didn't realise it was going to be a kid's film....it was painfully naive and just preposterous I couldn't take it seriously.

It had the mental level of an episode of Power Rangers. I finally walked out when they put a bunch of 12 year olds in charge of the Earth battle fleet  

I just left the cinema. I walked out of Ender's Game. I hadn't read the book so I didn't realise it was going to be a kid's film....it was painfully naive and just preposterous I couldn't take it seriously.

It had the mental level of an episode of Power Rangers. I finally walked out when they put a bunch of 12 year olds in charge of the Earth battle fleet  

Oh VF what a waste of money!and time, by the sound of it.Did you stomp up the cinema aisle angrily?I would have, and would probably have sighed loudly and tutted as well. :D

We went to the show/cinema ( :) ) tonight, and saw the previews of Ender's Game, it didn't look so bad I have to say.  My husband read the book, and thought it was a pretty simple sort of story, with a surprise ending.  I believe the whole idea of the kids is that they are trained in that warfare, as they are quick with the computer/war games.....quicker reactions than adults are able to manage. 

I'm pretty sure we'll go and see it when it comes out over here.....November 1st or 2nd I believe.

Anyhow.  'Nuff of that. 

We went to see the film The Counselor.  It was directed by Ridley Scott and the screenplay was written by Cormac McCarthy.  Man 'o Man!  Intense.  Unrelenting.  Dark.  Downright scary people.

The main character, played by Michael Fassbender is the Counselor.....never named in the film, gets mixed up with a Mexican drug cartel.  I'd read earlier in a review that the plot was difficult to follow, but it wasn't.  Pretty simple actually.  Double cross, and double cross.  Murder, mayhem.  Set between Juarez, Mexico, Southern Texas and London, the photography is absolutely gorgeous.

Great cast. 

Was it really that bad VF? Was thinking about taking the kids during half term.. Maybe we'll wait for Thor!

Kids will probably like it OK. Good luck with Thor, I won't go anywhere near that!

Went to Leicester Square to see Captain Phillips, paid for tickets (£14.50!!) then found that they had scaffolding up in the screen where the film was on because there was some problem or other.  They told us to wait in the bar.  Forty minutes later they came and said the performance was cancelled, but there was another showing in a smaller screen in half an hour.  I thought blow that, not paying that much to watch it on a small screen, so went to get a refund, which they gave us, and free tickets to any other film at any other Vue cinema :D

Past couple of weeks I have been to see

Sunshine on Leith......brilliant and sang along

Le Weekend....bit of lighthearted mush

Captain Phillips..... exhausting and tense.

Kids will probably like it OK. Good luck with Thor, I won't go anywhere near that!

:I-Agree:                                 last night we watched an old fiml [Kurt Russell]  '  The Thing '  hadn't seen it for years but still thought it

a very good film.