Kindle and ebooks deals

Michelle

I didn't bother in the end … it's funny that I bought it for Kay, but it's just not jumping out at me for myself to read at the moment.

It's the first Tuesday in the month so all the new Monthly deals are up on the site now.  Had a look through, but nothing tempting again, although a few books I've already read in there, so there might be temptations for other people! :D

It's the first Tuesday in the month so...

I was wondering how that worked.

all the new Monthly deals are up on the site now.  Had a look through, but nothing tempting again, although a few books I've already read in there, so there might be temptations for other people!

There are a few sci-fi novels on there:

Red Mars, by Kim Stanley Robinson

The Reality Dysfunction, by Peter F. Hamilton

Old Man's War, by RedShirts author John Scalzi

The City & The City, by China Mieville

and

All three books in The Dire Earth Cycle, by Jason M. Hough (I've read the first one and would say they are worth a punt at 99p each).

• 2 weeks later...

Just noticed that Alastair Reynolds' Revelation Space Kindle collection is down to £18.19.  For that bargaintastic 1,819 pence you get:

The trilogy: Revelation SpaceRedemption Ark and Absolution Gap

The stand-alone novels:  Chasm City and The Prefect

The two short story collections:  Diamond Dogs, Turquoise Days and Galactic North

and not a bad book among them  :smile:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Revelation-Space-eBook-Collection-ebook/dp/B005SZ1OFW/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1429614991&sr=8-9&keywords=alastair+reynolds

ETA: also, Neal Asher's fabulous Prador Moon is currently going for 99p: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Prador-Moon-Polity-Book-1-ebook/dp/B003GK21DU/ref=sr_1_3_twi_2_kin?ie=UTF8&qid=1429616679&sr=8-3&keywords=neal+asher

Edited by Karsa Orlong

Shakespeare on Toast is on offer on the Kindle Daily Deal today for 99p.  I've had it on my wish list since Ruth wrote a great review of it a while back, and I think some other members have read it as well.

Also, I know there are Diane Chamberlain fans on the forum, and her book, The Lies We Told is also only 99p today in the Kindle Daily Deals.

• 2 weeks later...

Blast Amazon and its Monthly Deals!  For once, there are several books on there that I was interested in, so I had to get them at those prices, naturally :rolleyes:

A Rare Benedictine: The Advent of Brother Cadfael by Ellis Peters

Bitter Greens by Kate Forsyth

Winterkill by C J Box

Force of Nature by C J Box

The Princess Bride by William Goldman

Dauntless (Lost Fleet Book 1) by Jack Campbell

all for the total of £7.24.  Shouldn't complain, I suppose, but that's six more books to add to the TBRPFH  :doh:  :D

I didn't think there was much of interest this month, past The Princess Bride (I bought Dauntless back around Christmas when it was a pound).

Probably a good thing, as I have over a dozen books on my Kindle that I've not read yet!

I didn't think there was much of interest this month, past The Princess Bride (I bought Dauntless back around Christmas when it was a pound).

Probably a good thing, as I have over a dozen books on my Kindle that I've not read yet!

I have about 200 on my Kindle that are unread. :doh:  I nearly went for The Princess Bride, but I have it on paperback, so I refrained.

Under The Skin by Michel Faber is the Kindle Daily Deal for today at £1.09. It was mentioned a few times on the thread about most disturbing reads. I've bought it. :D

*shudders*  You're a brave reader - I could only make it through the first 100 or so pages.  :hide: