Dips

This is a recipe for an Artichoke and Spinach Dip. We had it recently at a "Street" get-together and it was very good.

1 med onion (chopped and sauteed in butter)

Add salt and pepper

Add one box of (thawed) frozen spinach and cook until heated thoroughly

Add one package of cream cheese and one 8 oz container of sour cream

Add one can of artichoke hearts (chopped)

Add one cup of grated parmesan cheese

Mix together and serve hot.

That sounds yummy Muggles, although I have never seen a can of artichoke hearts in my life (yeah, yeah, backwoods country I know :D )

The simplest and the nicest dip I have tasted is one made with corn relish.

All you do is mix 1/2 cup of sweet corn relish with 1 cup of sour cream and voila!! Only trouble is, once you start eating it, you can't stop.

That sounds yummy Muggles, although I have never seen a can of artichoke hearts in my life (yeah, yeah, backwoods country I know :D ) The simplest and the nicest dip I have tasted is one made with corn relish. All you do is mix 1/2 cup of sweet corn relish with 1 cup of sour cream and voila!! Only trouble is, once you start eating it, you can't stop.

sounds good. I like the type that you can't stop eating. :)

The simplest and the nicest dip I have tasted is one made with corn relish.

My Mum is known among our family and friends for her corn relish dip. :) It's a staple that she always makes for company or takes to other people's houses. I never used to like it, but then I never used to like any type of dip. In the last couple of years, though, I've taken a fancy to it. :)

Mum also makes a really nice layered dip that has avocado on the bottom and grated cheese on top. Unfortunately I can't remember what goes into the other layers (I'm pretty sure there's diced tomato in there somewhere).

My Mum is known among our family and friends for her corn relish dip. :) It's a staple that she always makes for company or takes to other people's houses. I never used to like it, but then I never used to like any type of dip. In the last couple of years, though, I've taken a fancy to it. :) Mum also makes a really nice layered dip that has avocado on the bottom and grated cheese on top. Unfortunately I can't remember what goes into the other layers (I'm pretty sure there's diced tomato in there somewhere).

Kylie - what goes into her corn relish dip. You can't keep us in suspense. ;)

Guest Eliza1

I found some really nice dips on a site called Prevention RD. It's written by a girl who struggled with her weight all her life and managed it through weight watchers. Loads of tips on it each week and she blogs daily. Really nice site :)

A friend gave me a recipe for a Hot Cob Dip. I haven't tried it yet but she says it's to die for. Hot Cob Dip 2 rashers of bacon chopped 1 finely chopped onion 120 gm (4 ozs) creamed corn 250 gm (9 ozs) soft cream cheese 1/2 cup sour cream 1/2 cup tasty cheese 1/4 cup fresh chopped herbs (optional) Slice top off round cob loaf, remove soft bread. Fry bacon and onion. Mix all together and put into loaf. Put lid back on. Wrap in tinfoil (aluminium foil ....aluminum to you Muggles :giggle2: ) Place in roasting dish with inside bread arranged around the loaf and bake at 100 C (200 F) till warmed through and bread crisp. You use the crispy bread for dipping and then you can break off pieces of the loaf and eat them too. I've used to baked cob loaf for the cold corn relish dip and that worked really well.

1. I also refer to it as tinfoil. :P

2. What is cob. :o

• 4 weeks later...
That sounds yummy Muggles, although I have never seen a can of artichoke hearts in my life (yeah, yeah, backwoods country I know :D ) The simplest and the nicest dip I have tasted is one made with corn relish. All you do is mix 1/2 cup of sweet corn relish with 1 cup of sour cream and voila!! Only trouble is, once you start eating it, you can't stop.

I was in the grocery store yesterday on the way home from Washington, DC and bought Pepper Relish. I thought that is what was in your recipe. Oh well, I will try mixing it with sour cream

Let us know what it tastes like Muggles. You might have created a new sensation! :D

I'm glad you didn't try the other one I posted here (Hot Cob Dip) I made it for the first time recently and it wasn't very nice. I think I'd better delete it :negative:

Tried it today. Mixed equal parts sweet red pepper relish and sour cream. Sliced a cucumber that I had picked from the garden yesterday and had the dip with the cucumber slices. My wife also tried it and and said that it was very good.

See, you've invented a whole new taste sensation!! Muggle Surprise. :D

I was reading in another thread how you were picking lots of veges from your garden. I was wondering if the climate is a lot different to where you were living before and if it affects what you can grow?

• 4 weeks later...

See, you've invented a whole new taste sensation!! Muggle Surprise. :D

I was reading in another thread how you were picking lots of veges from your garden. I was wondering if the climate is a lot different to where you were living before and if it affects what you can grow?

climate is about the same and t does not chnage what I grow. i put a solar powered electric fence around my current garden to keep the deer out and it works for deer. not so well for squirrels and rabbits. ;)

I made salsa yesterday.....chopped tomatoes, chopped onion, chopped peppers (both hot and sweet), a little vinegar, a little lemon, some cilantro, and salt. I eat it with tortilla chips.

Edited by muggle not