• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually quite a few!

The Elephant Man

The Last snows of Spring

Philidalphia

:lol:

I have not seen this peronaly but have read a few reviews and appartantly The Last snows of Spring is the saddest movie ever, people crying in the cinema stuff, much grit in eyes, and seems to have stayed with people for decades. I don't believe it has ever been on tv, and when videos appear on ebay they go for about

Dancer in the Dark should win some kind of a trophy in this category, never have I cried so much during a movie. The tears came sometime before the middle of the movie and never stopped after that. There was snot involved too, it was that bad.

• 1 year later...
Dancer in the Dark should win some kind of a trophy in this category, never have I cried so much during a movie. The tears came sometime before the middle of the movie and never stopped after that. There was snot involved too, it was that bad.

OMG! I love that movie! I had to watch it for one of my feminism classes in college and bought the movie the next day. It is so powerful and unique in its ability to make you feel such a storng connection with the characters. I cry like a baby every time I see it. Bjork is brilliant as an actress.

I know its a bit of an oldie, and a kiddy movie... but I always cry during The Land Before Time. The end just gets to me when they start playing that song... *sniff*

Edited by CaliLily

OMG! I love that movie! I had to watch it for one of my feminism classes in college and bought the movie the next day. It is so powerful and unique in its ability to make you feel such a storng connection with the characters. I cry like a baby every time I see it. Bjork is brilliant as an actress.

Bj

I cried at the end of Titanic after i realised i would never get those 3 hours of my life back again.

:lol: That's a common feeling. I tend to skip the first hour or so of that movie. :D

I tend to cry whenever a main character dies. I get very wrapped up in the story and whenever there's a sweet part or a death I get teary. It's a joke amongst my family actually.

I cried at the end of 'Stephen King's The Mist' :D

It is sad, what a twist!

I love that film and it definitely made me cry my eyes out :lol: Breaking the Waves (by the same director) also has me in tears.

I know its a bit of an oldie, and a kiddy movie... but I always cry during The Land Before Time. The end just gets to me when they start playing that song... *sniff*

I've not seen this film in ages but I remember it making me cry when I was little!

Iris made me cry buckets. But anything to do with dementia usually does :lol:

I'm in Book Fiend's boat as well - I cry very easily! There are a few that made me actually feel ill from crying so much though:

Terms of Endearment

Steel Magnolias

Born on the Fourth of July

Charlotte's Web

Beaches never, ever fails to make me cry like a baby. I can't watch it with my Nanna because we both just end up blubbering embarrassingly :).

A Walk To Remember also gets me going. The film is bad enough but when I read the book, I had to put it down and leave the room for a while to get myself together :).

I also cry at most Disney films, especially Beauty and the Beast. And there was a rather embarrassing time at Disney Princesses on Ice a couple of years ago, but that's a story for another time :D

For me it's Philadelphia......you know the bit where he walks out of Denzel's office all pale and gaunt and you can just hear in the background Bruce Springsteen singing. Get a massive lump in my throat!

Also, Tears of the Sun and Pay it Forward. They're another two that render me a blubbing mess!

Edited by Melisa

I watched Beaches again and always cry at that film. I hate when they're sitting on the porch, and Bette Midler starts singing Wind Beneath My Wings :welcome:

I'm exactly the same! Oooh I've got goosebumps just thinking about it.

Other movies that get me everytime are Braveheart (the bit at the end

when he see's his wife walking through the crowd as he's being tortured

), The Color Purple always has me in tears when

Netty gets reunited with her children

but the worst movie has to be The Notebook. I watched it with my Mam and we both cried for about an hour after it had finished :). Then I loaned it to my Sister who didn't even think it was sad....she clearly has a heart of stone! :)