Looking forward to World Book Day!

saltilocks

Hi, I'm not sure who is more excited myself or the kids :) their school is celebrating World Book Day by asking them to attend school dressed as their favourite character from their books on 1st March. I have a Tin Tin and Winnie the Witch - reasonably simple outfits I hope!

Our school are doing the same I was going to send my youngest in as Tin Tin & my DD as Pippi Longstocking but I've been so busy lately I haven't had time to sort out their costumes so I guess it'll have to be Spiderman & a princess outfit as they already have the gear. I like the Winnie the Witch idea :smile:

My youngest had to design a hat based in their favourite story, very hard for a 7 year old who only reads non fiction by choice! We ended up doing a hat based on How To Train Your Dragon, I say we as I was the one who sewed the dragon to the hat, he was in charge of making the flames to go round the edges... These things are all good fun but it's always the parents that end up stressing over costumes etc...