Your book activity in 2012

Kell

Finished reading:

Philippa Gregory - The Women of the Cousins’ War: The Duchess, the Queen and the King’s Mother - 5/5

Marissa Meyer - Cinder - 4/5

Caroline Hanson - Bewitching the Werewolf (e-book) - 2/5

Currently reading:

Susan Hill - Howards End is on the Landing

Frances Hodgson Burnett - Little Lord Fauntleroy (e-book)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After taking a fortnight off from reading I'll be picking up my first book of the year today. I've been searching through my books since yesterday looking for the perfect book to kick-start my 'reading for enjoyment' phase again and the books I keep coming back to time and time again are the Harry Potter books, so I guess that's what I'm going to do - re-read the whole series back-to-back for the pure and simple reason of... well, just because I can.

I'm about 53% into Genus. Very good, but I seem to be reading in dribs and drabs. I need to sit down somewhere with no distractions, so I can read for a good hour or so. Oh and on the side, I'm reading bits of The Guiness Book of Records. Interesting stuff.

Keep up the good work Karsa ! You guys are all talking so much about The Stand, you'll be convincing me to get it myself one of these days . As slow as I am lately to complete a book,it might be the only other book I could complete this year !

Keep up the good work Karsa ! You guys are all talking so much about The Stand, you'll be convincing me to get it myself one of these days . As slow as I am lately to complete a book,it might be the only other book I could complete this year !

Haha, I'm now going to join in on the boost club for The Stand. Buy it and read it! ;):giggle:

My Office (US) marathon took longer than expected, so I didn't get to finish Dead Simple yesterday. Hopefully today!

I have started reading LM Montgomery's Anne of Ingleside (#6).

Kylie, how are you liking the series? I got the box set for Christmas and can't wait to get started!

I read The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society for my book group and LOVED IT! It had me gripped and I loved the leading character. It gave me a great insight into what the island went through during WWII. I kept interupting myself to jump on wikipedia to find out more about some aspects, such as the slaves the Germans brought over. I've been recommending it to all my friends.

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society was one of my favorite reads last year. I to found myself looking up facts and details about WWII, I wanted to soak up all the information I could about that time and what it was really like for those living through it.

I'm about 80 pages into "Ellis Island" by Kate Kerrigan. SUCH a different read than the book I just finished ("Cutting for Stone" which was much more difficult yet fulfilling reading), but I'm still liking it!

Looking forward to reading your final thoughts on Ellis Island, as I've just bought it and plan on starting it soon.

Hoping to finish The Crimson Petal and the White today, and then I'm thinking I'll read The Help next.

Bought the latest Stuart MacBride novel with the points on my Waterstones card (fabulous! Now I remember why I bought everyone books for Xmas!) and am now in the library with Xan. Catching up with all my internet stuff here as the computers are unplugged at home while Dale lays the new laminate flooring in the living room. :)

Keep up the good work Karsa ! You guys are all talking so much about The Stand, you'll be convincing me to get it myself one of these days

It's definitely worth a read! I was too tired to read much yesterday. I'm up to page 1,159 now, so only about 160 pages left.

I finished Dead Simple, definitely a good read. I'll probably keep an eye open for more of Peter James's Roy Grace novels.

I started reading Max Lundgren's 21 nästan sanna berättelser. I hope I will actually finish this book this year. I've no idea why I've never read it in full before, it's hilarious!

Haha, I'm now going to join in on the boost club for The Stand. Buy it and read it! ;):giggle:

My Office (US) marathon took longer than expected, so I didn't get to finish Dead Simple yesterday. Hopefully today!

It's definitely worth a read! I was too tired to read much yesterday. I'm up to page 1,159 now, so only about 160 pages left.

Well, Frankie and Karsa

You may have convinced me to go ahead and get The Stand for my Kindle . I have heard so many people say it is in their all time favorite list,so it has to be good . I'll probably cave in and buy it today .

I need to stay away from the kindle freebies, I've downloaded yet more books . . . oops!

Laura

You and me both, I keep finding more and more freebies .I'm not even as careful about choosing those ,since they are free. I do tend to weed out a few, but keep clicking away at the BUY sign .