Microwave advice needed

vodkafan

Hi does anybody know if it is possible to cook scrambled eggs in the microwave? If so what is the proper way to do it? Are there any other ways to cook eggs in the microwave? (I am guessing boiled eggs ain't gonna work :irked: )

You can also poach them but may need a special container to do them in its been a long time since I had a microwave sorry. I remember though they are a pain as you invaririably end up with them hard rather than runny,

To be honest, scrambled eggs only take a couple of minutes to cook on the stove, so you're not really saving any time doing them in the microwave, and you get a much better flavour and texture on the hob.

Melt a little butter in a pan, crack in your eggs and stir. (I tend to "fold" them slowly, rather than vigourously stirring, as I like the looser texture and larger pieces of egg). When they're done, add a tiny drop of milk and stir in to stop them cooking, then serve immediately. Takes no longer than 5 minutes tops and they're delicious. Just add a little salt and freshly ground pepper to taste, and maybe a small pinch of herbs if you like that.

I promise you, if you do it this way, you'll end up with delicious scrambled egg every time.

With all the stopping and starting you'd have to d ointhe microwave, it would probably take the same amount of time and they'd be nowhere near as good...

Please promise me you won't ruin your eggs doing them in the micro!!!

To be honest, scrambled eggs only take a couple of minutes to cook on the stove, so you're not really saving any time doing them in the microwave, and you get a much better flavour and texture on the hob.

I don't have a stove any more Kell! :giggle2:

Thanks all I know enough now to be able to do poached or scrambled. I need eggs to keep my strength up for the weight training. Eggs are the cheapest form of complete protein and also the most easily digestible to the body.

No stove??? How do you cook anything??? *dies a little inside at the thought of having no stove*

The landlady took the cooker away. For the moment I have a sandwich toaster, a normal toaster and a microwave.

She took your cooker away??? What kind of a monster IS she??? If your flat is supposed to come with the basics of kitchen appliances (check your lease) then she is under obligation to replace it if she needs to remove the existing one for any reason at all. Did she say why she was removing it? Was it faulty and she intends to replace it? If so, depending on how long you've been without, you may be due some of your rent back in compensation to cover the increased price of feeding yourself without any cooker to properly cook food - a sandwich toaster and microwave are not decent substitutes.

What about something like this? http://www.amazon.com/Prime-Pacific-Trading-Company-I'm-306DB/dp/B0042D7RY8

Could it be an option?

Kell is right, it isn't fair at all to take your stove away, and you should be refunded some rent. If the landlord isn't providing what the lease calls for you have recourse.

What about something like this? http://www.amazon.com/Prime-Pacific-Trading-Company-I'm-306DB/dp/B0042D7RY8

Could it be an option?

That looks quite interesting pontalba. I am not in a hurry to get a cooker yet though and will stick out for a proper one with an oven.

I tried the method for doing scrambled eggs today. Found a suitable bowl. Had 4 eggs to use up so put them all in after buttering the bowl. I did stop it twice to stir it frequently as Easy Rider said but nothing seemed to be happening at all so in the end I just left it to see what happened. The result was a huge solid yellow mass of egg like a massive yorkshire pudding as big as the bowl itself. I ate in on toast. It tasted great. :wink: