Hello

Clive

Hello Everyone, My name's Clive and I love reading! I am interested in a lot of different genres. If pressed I would say Sci-Fi/Fantasy is my favourite genre. My favourite book of all time is Lord of the Rings. I also really love the Harry Potter novels and anything Doctor Who related.

Hi Clive... welcome to the forum! LOTR and Harry Potter are some of my favourite reads too. If you like Sci-Fi/Fantasy then I can heartily recommend the current book I'm reading called The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss - extremely well-written and compelling read. In places it reminds me of a cross between Harry Potter and LOTR :readingtwo:

Hi Clive... welcome to the forum! LOTR and Harry Potter are some of my favourite reads too. If you like Sci-Fi/Fantasy then I can heartily recommend the current book I'm reading called The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss - extremely well-written and compelling read. In places it reminds me of a cross between Harry Potter and LOTR :readingtwo:

Hi. Yes, I've actually read In The Name Of The Wind. It was very good indeed. I've got the second book The Wise Man's Fear on my bookshelf to be read. My brother was telling me that the third book was supposed to be out in August, but has been delayed.

Sending you a warm welcome from Texas. I am new to the forum as well, Clive. It's a great group and they are quite welcoming and fun to talk to. Hope you enjoy your time here as much as I have so far.

Thanks. Texas? Cool! Do you read Westerns by any chance? I love 'em.

Thanks. Texas? Cool! Do you read Westerns by any chance? I love 'em.

That would be a huge negative. I had a steady stream of Western movies and such shoved down my throat as a child and I just can't stand them anymore. Same with Country and Western music. I am much more into Sci-Fi, Fantasy and Horror.

That would be a huge negative. I had a steady stream of Western movies and such shoved down my throat as a child and I just can't stand them anymore. Same with Country and Western music. I am much more into Sci-Fi, Fantasy and Horror.

Really? Fair enough. I love Sci-Fi, Fantasy and Horror myself. :)

Hi. Yes, I've actually read In The Name Of The Wind. It was very good indeed. I've got the second book The Wise Man's Fear on my bookshelf to be read. My brother was telling me that the third book was supposed to be out in August, but has been delayed.

Excellent! I have already downloaded The Wise Man's Fear to my Kindle (despite it being far too expensive!)... but wasn't aware that the next book was imminent (albeit delayed).