Got the timing wrong!

emmylou

Just wanted to vent my frustration! I am currently reading the sword of truth series by Terry Goodkind, finished the 7th book this morning but the 8th book still hasn't arrived! I ordered it on friday through Amazon thinking it would arrive yesterday or today but it hasn't and now I face a bookless journey home on the train tonight.

:hissyfit:

(hehe this emoticon is called hissy fit, which is indeed what I am having!)

Just hate it when that happens, but thankfully owning my Kindle has reduced the problem of books not arriving on time, when they arrive in less than a minute. :giggle:

But I love owning and reading physical books, I love having bookshelves and bookmarks and all that jazz that accompanies books.

And how excited I get when they arrive!

Hi Emmylou. Having read the SoT series, and knowing how fast-paced and action-packed the books are, I can completely sympathise with your frustration. Here's a little bit of advice, as soon as Naked Empire arrives, order Chainfire. That way you won't get a bookless gap.

Also, Naked Empire is my least favourite of the entire series (actually I thought compared to the rest it was pants), but the last 3, Chainfire, Phantom and Confessor were in my opinion the best three of the entire series.

But I love owning and reading physical books, I love having bookshelves and bookmarks and all that jazz that accompanies books.

And how excited I get when they arrive!

Ditto to all of this! :D There's nothing like ripping open an envelope or box to see what goodies await you.

Vanwa, I have actually ordered Debt of Bones as well which I believe is the prequel to stop this from happening in the future! It is interesting to hear your opinions on the series, I haven't spoken to anyone who has ever read them before! I am even more curious to read Naked Empire now as I thought the Pillars of Creation had ended in a really good place. I wasn't sure whether I would be able to maintain interest in the same characters for this long (this is the longest series I have read) however just as perhaps my interest was showing signs of fading (but only the very smallest of sparks), the tables are turned by writing in a new character who knows less about this world then the reader and not bringing the main characters in till the very end. Thought it was a stroke of genius myself!

Hayley and Kylie, I always think that getting to put the physical book on the shelf when you have finished it is almost a trophy to reward you for reading. I love having all the books in a series sat together looking at me!