Hi, I'm Imma

imma89

Hello to everyone!

My name is actually Ingibjörg but I usually go with Imma. I'm born in Iceland and currently live there. I've been a bookworm since birth but I've had years where I didn't read anything but I recently started to read vigorously again. I've been at a dull place (reading wise) for some time now and I'm ready to conquer new genres such as fantasy and fiction.

I'm 22 years old with two kids and their father (we're not married so I can't say he's my husband but I also feel weird calling him my boyfriend lol). I'm working on finishing high school (I think, the system is not the same here and I don't really know what word would discribe this education best, but when I finish I can call myself a Student) and after that I'm thinking of taking Philosophy and some Icelandic/writing in Univercity of Iceland. I have a few close friends and I know a significant amount of people but I sometimes feel like I'm the only one in this universe who likes to do stuff like writing and reading, pondering about philosophy, feminism and other topics so I hope I can find someone who's a little like me on this forum :)

Hi Imma. I love writing too, I wrote quite a few poems a few years ago. I've always wanted to write a book but I could never come up with anything decent. I love reading, obviously. And I am always filling my spare time with a really good book. :)

Hi Imma. I love writing too, I wrote quite a few poems a few years ago. I've always wanted to write a book but I could never come up with anything decent.

Same with me! I write poems too (well, I really don't know if you can call them poems because I usually don't rhyme or follow any rules) and I would like to write a book too, but I just can't make up any good story! My goal is to just read and read and read to add some volcabulary and establish more connection with the language.

Hello Imma and welcome, it's good to have a new member from the Nordic countries! :smile2:

Hi Frankie! The Nordic countries are awesome! :P Haven't been to Finland just yet though :) I've heard great things about your education system, I heard once that you graduate most studenst in sexology, which I'm really interessed in, so maybe I'll be visiting your country in the nearest future :)

Hi Frankie! The Nordic countries are awesome! :P Haven't been to Finland just yet though :) I've heard great things about your education system, I heard once that you graduate most studenst in sexology, which I'm really interessed in, so maybe I'll be visiting your country in the nearest future :)

Yeah I keep hearing that the Finnish education system is great, I don't know about it myself but I'll take any compliments about Finland :lol: You're quite welcome to visit, the Finnish summer is absolutely beautiful, but I dare say that about all the Nordic countries. I've only been to Sweden and Denmark myself, though.

We have the Britain's Next Top Model series on in Finland now, one of the panel judges is Huggy Ragnarsson. I always thought she was Norwegian, going by the last name, but I just recently found out that she's from Iceland. She's really beautiful and talented and such a lovely character :smile2:

Yeah I keep hearing that the Finnish education system is great, I don't know about it myself but I'll take any compliments about Finland :lol: You're quite welcome to visit, the Finnish summer is absolutely beautiful, but I dare say that about all the Nordic countries. I've only been to Sweden and Denmark myself, though.

We have the Britain's Next Top Model series on in Finland now, one of the panel judges is Huggy Ragnarsson. I always thought she was Norwegian, going by the last name, but I just recently found out that she's from Iceland. She's really beautiful and talented and such a lovely character :smile2:

I've actually only been in Denmark :P But I'd really like to go to Faroe Islands, I'll maybe go to G Festival next year. I'd also like to go to Finland, Norway and Sweden but because of the currency it's so expensive to travel right now! I did some google-ing on Finland just now and it's abssoloutly beautiful! I never knew much about it but I think it's alot more exiting now after I've researched it a bit.

I watched Britains Next top Model once but it didn't strike me as a good TV show :P I've given up on almost all reality series, it's just the same crap over and over again. I don't really know this Huggy person but I think she's doing a great job in what she does, but I don't think she has lived in Iceland in a long time.

Welcome to the forum Imma. I'm quite sure you're amongst ideal people here, with your love of reading. Also, I've enjoyed learning about philosophy for a couple of years now, and I've enjoyed writing (or at least attempting too) for a long time now; so it seems we have a lot of similar interests. In any case, I'm sure you'll settle in great and I look forward to seeing you around discussion. :welcome2:

Welcome to the forum, Imma. :) I see you're already settling in quite nicely...great! :D

Welcome to the forum Imma. I'm quite sure you're amongst ideal people here, with your love of reading. Also, I've enjoyed learning about philosophy for a couple of years now, and I've enjoyed writing (or at least attempting too) for a long time now; so it seems we have a lot of similar interests. In any case, I'm sure you'll settle in great and I look forward to seeing you around discussion. :welcome2:

Thanks :) I'm actually in a crisis now where I'm finding out I don't really belong with my friends interest-wise so I'm making an effort to get to know other people. This is just the first step :) It's nice to know there are others like me :) Maybe we'll have a chat anytime soon :cool:

Thanks :) I'm actually in a crisis now where I'm finding out I don't really belong with my friends interest-wise so I'm making an effort to get to know other people. This is just the first step :) It's nice to know there are others like me :) Maybe we'll have a chat anytime soon :cool:

Ah, a feeling that's so familiar for me; I've always felt like I don't 'fit-in' with a particular group. You'll find a lot of relief from that kind of thing on here; I feel like I know many people on BCF better than I do in real life. It might seem sad but it's good to know there's always a smart, friendly, interesting bunch of people on here, that are here always what it matters. As for that chat, my inbox is open any time. :smile2:

Edited by Ben