Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 15

Janet

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've now got to around halfway through The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - and it's still a bit slow! I had been warned it takes a while to get into so I'm still hopeful.

How are you getting on with it now, Alex? I found it a bit slow to start with but once I got into it I couldn't put it down. :)

I just finished a book that I started on my Kindle awhile back .

Seven Wives and Seven Prisons : Or Experiences in the Life of a Matrimonial Maniac

A True Story ,Written by Himself

Published in 1870

I like picking up those really odd Kindle books that were written long ago. This one was really hard to believe .It is supposed to be true,but I have never heard of a person having as many "adventures" in life as this fellow supposedly did .

It may be true, but it was pretty far-fetched to me .

Anyhow, at least I completed it . I'd give it 2 stars if only for the person who had that much imagination .

I'm reading 'IQ84' Books 1 and 2 by Haruki Murakami and 'The Passage' by Justin Cronin (I read it before but I had no book for my journey home last week and 'The Passage' was the best book in a very bad bunch.) :)

I'm also reading 1Q84, and enjoying it, about a third of the way through at present. For some reason, it seems to be one of those books that while I am reading, I don't want to put it down, but procrastinate picking up again. Odd.

How are you getting on with it now, Alex? I found it a bit slow to start with but once I got into it I couldn't put it down. :)

Sorry Janet, been away for work. I managed to finish it while travelling over the weekend, and I found exactly the same, hit about page 270 and that was me riveted. Made the mistake of trying to read the horrible bit (!) before bed. I'm such a child at heart still!

It's also Sweden ticked off my world challenge list. Only 4 done so far but..!

Finished reading On the Road by Jack Kerouac. At one point I thought I was going to abandon it but eventually I got caught up in it. Still hard reading in places due to his way of writing but it also helps add life to some of the passages.

Made the mistake of trying to read the horrible bit (!) before bed. I'm such a child at heart still!

It's also Sweden ticked off my world challenge list. Only 4 done so far but..!

Ah yes - I got to 'that bit' just before bedtime too, but couldn't stop reading! :lol: Glad you enjoyed it.

Well done on the 4 World Challenge countries too - onwards and upwards. :)

I'm about half-way through Just After Sunset by Stephen King. I'm really enjoying it.

Also about to start The Lady Elizabeth by Alison Weir. I've read some of her non-fiction books and enjoyed them so I can't wait to see if she is just as good at writing fiction.

I'm just about to start The Book of Chameleons by Jose Eduardo Agualusa, who was born in Angola and I have All Quiet on the Western Front about 4 books down the pile, so I'm making decent progress!

I've never read any Stephen King, I really ought to add a book of his to my growing library wish list.

I have just started The Winter Palace which is a novel about Catherine the Great and I think it is going to be terrific! I can't put it down at the moment and I have to get on with my work.!

I'm also reading 1Q84, and enjoying it, about a third of the way through at present. For some reason, it seems to be one of those books that while I am reading, I don't want to put it down, but procrastinate picking up again. Odd.

I've been the same pontalba :)

I'm reading 'IQ84' Books 1 and 2 by Haruki Murakami (just finished Book 1) and 'The Passage' by Justin Cronin :bookworm:

Today I got from the library

Moon over Soho by Ben Aaronovitch

Stormbreaker bt Anthony Horowitz (saw the film last night, then spotted this today)

The Thirteenth Apostle by Michel Benoit

Grave Witch by Kalayna Price

Today I got from the library

Moon over Soho by Ben Aaronovitch

Stormbreaker bt Anthony Horowitz (saw the film last night, then spotted this today)

The Thirteenth Apostle by Michel Benoit

Grave Witch by Kalayna Price

Hope you enjoy Moon Over Soho I really enjoyed it.

I started House of silk - Anthony Horowitz's homage to Sherlock Holmes so far its not too bad.

I am reading Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult....my bf got a Nook tablet for himself and has ordered a Nook Color for me for xmas :D :D in the meantime he is lending me his son's regular Nook for now.....omg, I'm in love! Oh yeah, I'm fond of the bf too :giggle: