Intro.

More Tea Vicar?

Hi there, I would be a new member.

I quite liked the "name the author" section of the sign up. I needed horror writer "King's" first name; which happens to be one of my most read authors (including a first edition hardback). Talk about easy!

Well, I'm 26, I'm nearly obsessed with Victorian England (hence my love of Sherlock Holmes). If you need any other information feel free to ask.

Welcome to the forum. :) I love Sherlock Holmes too. What do you think of the recent TV series and movie?

I'm a fan of Stephen King as well, but I've barely started on his novels. To date I've mostly read his short story collections (in fact, now that I think of it, I've never read a full-length King novel huh.gif).

To start, thank you for the welcomes.

Welcome to the forum. :) I love Sherlock Holmes too. What do you think of the recent TV series and movie?

I'm a fan of Stephen King as well, but I've barely started on his novels. To date I've mostly read his short story collections (in fact, now that I think of it, I've never read a full-length King novel huh.gif).

I have seen the film (in HD too), and to be fairly honest, I got bored most of the way through, I cannot remember if I saw the end. Robert Downy Jr. as Sherlock just did not fit. Jude Law was a good Watson, however it felt very strenuous as to his acting.

You will find The Stand a good read, big but a good read.

Welcome More Tea Vicar?

I have only read Carrie which was enough to know that King isn't for me

I loved the Sherlock tv series and have since downloaded Holmes onto my kindle but haven't gotten around to reading it yet.

His writing isn't to everyone's taste I shall give you that, however he has written some good books which may be up your alley. You may try shifting through second hand book bins and finding a little one on the cheap to give a more thorough image of his writing abilities.

In answer to you both about the television series. I am currently working my way through the ITV series which stars Jeremy Brett as Sherlock. I have to admit, the man knows how to actually pull off a decent Sherlock, I'm sure Sir Arthur Conan Doyle would be happy as well.

I haven't seen the movie yet but I enjoyed the mini series with Martin Freeman as Watson (can't remember who played Sherlock).

I have The Stand on my TBR pile. I've heard so many great things about it and should really bump it up the list. :)

Thank you all for the welcomes.

I have The Stand on my TBR pile. I've heard so many great things about it and should really bump it up the list. :)

The Stand is his most popular book. It really does grip you and drive you home. A bit long for some people but I loved every page when I went through it all.

• 2 weeks later...