L. A. Weatherly - Angel Trilogy

HavenKarma

I have read Angel, the first book of this trilogy, and (although it was extremely similar to another seemingly forbidden love style fantasy series I am certain everyone has heard of) found what I see as a terrific original concept. I do not tend to enjoy when authors change from points of view but I thought that Weatherly did this quite well between Willow and Alex. The book just thrusts you into this story rather abruptly I thought, but looking at how things go throughout the book I sort of understand the need. I am really into the alternate reality so-to-speak of modern day. I would recommend this to anyone who looks for the love story.

The books to the trilogy are

Book One: Angel

Book Two: Angel Fire

Book Three: Angel Burn

As far as I am aware only the first book is available now with preorder available for the other two said to be released later this year (I may have that information wrong through amazon - could just be the paperbacks coming out).

Note to mods: I attempted to find this with the forum search but was unsuccessful. Please let me know if this book is somewhere else on the site.

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished reading this today. I really enjoyed it too HavenKarma, and I actually liked the way Willow was written in first person, while Alex was third person as I never got confused whose point of view we were looking at the story from. I thought the plot whizzed along nicely, it was thrilling with enough sense of peril to keep the reader on their toes, all rounded off with a big dollop of teenage, heart-stopping romance!

A great piece of escapism for a winters day.