The Last Dragonslayer by Jasper Fforde

iguana

This book was written by an author who is actually a famous writer who writes for adults and who has now started writing for children and young adults. The thing that I like the most is that he merged a medieval world with the modern one. I would recomend this book.

That's very good to know. I've loved everything I've read of his so far and this sounds like another winner. Thanks for the recommendation Iguana, and the webpage Chrissy :) had to laugh at some of the character names .. William of Anorak :lol:

William of Anorak
William of Anorak is actually by far my favourite minor character up to this point :lol: and not just because of his fabulous name!

Anyway I was about halfway through the book (got me very few sittings to get there, which if you know my deathly slowness you'll realise is a sign of an AMAZING book) but had to press pause on it due to the big essay rush of doom; now that's done with, I'll be picking it right up :) should kick-start my Fforde Ffebruary Challenge off nicely.

Am LOVING it so far, definitely as good as the Thursday Next books, my inner child suggests that maybe it's even better.