Rose reads 2011

I'mRose

Hamlet is absolutly brilliant! I could read this all day long! Seriously though, its my favourite Shakespeare!

I'm glad to hear, hopefully I will get around to reading it soon!

So I just finished The Emerald Atlas by John Stephens and I loved it.

The story is great and Stephens has managed to write a great paced story with lots of twists and turns. It's pretty dark, but that what I like about it, and it's definitely not just a childrens book. We follow these three children as they are thown into an adventure. I loved how the three of the all handled the tasks and hardships that they faced differently. There are some really memorable and likable characters and I can not say that there was one in particular that I did not like. The dialog was well written and this goes for the book overall. It does remind me of books like Harry Potter, Narnia and te Golden compass but the story holds its own and I did not feel like I've read the book before and it was never predictable.

If you are looking for a fantasy, adventure book and don't mind YA literature I absolutely recommend it.

I give it 5/5

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

So I got four books for Christmas and I'm excited about all of them.

The Girl Who Chased the moon by Sarah Addison Allen Beautiful looking book and I love the title.

One of out Thursdays are missing by Jasper Fforde Looks compleatly crazy and brilliant.

The Secret of Happy Ever After by Lucy Dillon It's about a girl who owns a book store and old childrens tales, could it be more perfect!

Du gamla du fria by Liza Marklund Another one in the series about Annica Bengtzon, they are always an exciting read

Couldn't be happier since I had not wished for any of them :-) My friends know me to well!

Will Grayson Will Grayson by John Green and David Leviathan

Synopsis: One cold night, in a most unlikely corner of Chicago, Will Grayson crosses paths with . . . Will Grayson. Two teens with the same name, running in two very different circles, suddenly find their lives going in new and unexpected directions, and culminating in epic turns-of-heart and the most fabulous musical ever to grace the high school stage. Told in alternating voices from two YA superstars, this collaborative novel features a double helping of the heart and humor that have won them both legions of fans.

Review: I can't help but to love everything John Green writes. Although people have said that his writing is to simple and to much of the same thing all over again I have to dissagree. I would say it's simply beautiful and the people ha create and always deep and intricate. The same goes for his Will Garyson who has problems, normal problems that readers can relate and all the things Will feels I'm sure most of us has felt a some part of our lives.

Then there is the other Will Grayson, written by David Leviathan. I had not read any of his other books, but I'm gonna add most of them to my wish list. This Will I just wanted to hug because he reminded me so much of a friend I have, minus the gay part. David has so well portrayed what it's like to be feeling better but being so far from being okay. Will is struggling with depression and mental health issues. I have not had to deal with depression personally so I can never truly understand how you feels but Levithan does an amazing job of putting the reader in his head and you get a sens of the helplessness he feels and the anger.

What did annoy me a bit is the fact that Leviathans chapters are all written with lower case letters. It too a while to get used to reading like that. But then again I read that the reason for it was that his Will Grayson always felt like this, lower case....and to me that made sense.

Although dealing with a lot of dark and heavy subjects this is a funny, hilarious book. The character Tiny Cooper brightens up pages after page and you just want him to step out of the book and be your friend too. That being said he is by no means a simple character and is as well written as the rest of them

It also has a musical in it, and who can complain about that?

5/5

Edited by I'mRose