Helo!

bobblybear

Hello,

Just a quick introduction... I'm a 34 year old female, from the UK, who has pretty much read all her life.

All time favourite authors are Stephen King (especially The Stand, and The Dark Tower series), Margaret Atwood, and Maggie O'Farrell. I pretty much read and enjoy anything (aside from Chick Lit, Westerns, and Fantasy), and am willing to give any book a go. I have recently bought a Kindle, and am loving it!! It has come in handy as we have just moved house, and space is quite limited.

Aside from reading, my most current pastime is playing far too much of Fallout: New Vegas.

I look forward to seeing you all on the boards.

bobblybear

Hey there and welcome to the forum. :welcomebcf:

I've been meaning to read The Stand for a long time now after picking it up cheap early this year at a book-shop charity sale near where I live. It's been recommended by - well, everyone I've discussed Stephen King with, so thanks for making me push it up the to-be-read list. Also, I received a Kindle for Christmas and I'll be the first to give glowing reviews, as I adore mine. I've used it practically every day, and already it's saving me lots of space - another plus.

Anyway, hope to see you around discussion and once again welcome to BCF.

Edited by Ben

Thanks for the welcomes! I can't believe I misspelled 'hello' on the topic title. :lol:

Ben, The Stand is brilliant. I've lost count of the number of times I have read it, must be at least 10.

Yep, I give the Kindle two thumbs up as well, and have used mine every day. A great bit of kit.

bobblybear

Ben, The Stand is brilliant. I've lost count of the number of times I have read it, must be at least 10.

10?! Wow, that's quite impressive; obviously I'm missing out on something here! I'll make it a must-read for 2011.

Splling errors happen to the best of us! ;)

I see what you did there Abby. :unsure:

Edited by Ben

• 3 weeks later...