Here Comes Lightning!

Lightning

Hello Everyone,

Well I thought since my new hobby is reading books I best get on a forum.

I shall start by telling you all how I started my new hobby :)

It all began whem I started my new job, I must say I really enjoy playing computer games, Role Playing games

like World Of Warcraft and Final Fantasy, I love seeing the story come to life and see how it changes and not knowing

what could come next!

But I recently started working 3 nights a week in a care home, During my shift it's pretty much uneventful and the

only form of amusement is the Television which I must say I'm not very interested in.

I can't really talk to the other staff as they are all into there soaps and X-Factor type shows.....

So my Mother suggested taking a book into work as I couldn't take a game in of course.

Thats when it all started, My first book was John Connolly's The Book Of Lost Things, I sat down and started to read,

After only a few pages I could imagine the things the book described in my head!

It's weird I could see the characters and could hear how the spoke and the wind blowing as described in the book!

I started telling the others I was working with about my book and there response was "Oh just watch a DVD" which I must admit was rather down putting but I had to go back to my book and the exciting adventure that was unfolding!

So I started looking on the internet for more books and I am going to my local store on Monday to buy a few more for myself to get me though Christmas!

And maybe even a nice bookmark :D

I'm very much looking forward to chatting with you all and getting some suggestions on new books to read.

I love the fantasy and horror style books, Not as keen on books about real events I love to get lost in another world.

Sorry if this sounds silly I just don't know how to describe if differently, Does anyone else get taken to another world when reading? or are the people at work right and I'm just weird :(

Hope to hear from you :)

Oh I'm David by the way and I'm 24 years old from Leeds United Kingdom :)

Welcome to the forum David. That's such a lovely story about how you got into reading. You're not at all weird. One of the best things about reading is being taken out of the real world and thrown into a completely different one. Unfortunately a lot of people don't 'get' books, but I'm so glad you have started to enjoy them.

Feel free to have a look around the forum. You'll find plenty of recommendations in no time, and everyone is really friendly and will be happy to recommend other titles to you. :)

Indeed my name is from Final Faatasy XIII

Everyone told me I was just like Lightning so it's now my nickname hehe.

I bought the entire Twilight Series today! really looking forward to reading them!

All original covers and all 4 books for £12! DEAL hehe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...