Northanger Abbey - Jane Austen

ian

A couple of years ago I was persuaded by a friend to read Pride & Predudice. Up until that point I had no knowledge of any of the stories through either TV, film or the books themselves (other than a vague knowledge of some bloke called Darcy!). So I had no preconceptions to get in the way. I loved it, so have been working my way through the rest and have since read Persuation, Emma and now Northanger abbey.

I'm sure I don't need to do a "proper" review here, as I'm sure most of you will already be familiar with it, so I will just say that I really enjoyed it and of the four Jane Austen's I have now read, this would be a very close second after P&P.

If you haven't read it - I would heartily recommend it

Ian

Hi Ian! I'm a huge fan of Jane Austen too. :D A couple of years ago we here at the BCF read a different Austen book together every two months. Here's a handy thread that gives the links to the various Austen threads and all the other books we've been reading in our reading circles. I hope you'll add your thoughts about all the books! Maybe we can spark up some more conversation. :)