Hello there

Amesy

Hey guys and gals,

I'm James, 24, from Hertfordshire but friends call me Amesy (pronounced Aimsey). Always been an avid reader of SciFi and fantasy and thought it would be a good idea to join up so I can add more books to my seemingly endless "To Read" pile.

Currently reading "The Neutronium Alchemist" by Peter F Hamilton. It's the Second book in his "Night's Dawn" trilogy. Anyone that has read it will understand what a challenging but gripping read it is. Favourite author is one of two people... Douglas Adams or Terry Pratchett.

Other hobbies include Music (of the Rock/Metal/Punk variety), Movies,Gaming and Photography. I regularly hit the gym for damage limitation owing to an otherwise lazy existence and I also play football one a week in a Weekly league. During the day I'm a PC Support Analyst fixing computer issues for the UK's largest Mobile Service Provider.... it's pretty boring, but that's my life.

Looking forward to getting to know you lovely people.

Questions are welcomed with open..... keystrokes?

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Welcome to the forum Amsey! I love sci-fi and am building up a collection, but I don't seem to have time to read them all. Do you have any particular favourites that you would recommend?

Hey Kylie. I can highly recommend the Nights Dawn Trilogy by Peter F Hamilton, starting with "The Reality Dysfunction" it's about spaceships and space stations (known as habitats) that are alive and are mentally linked to their Captains. It also provides a very interresting insight as to how the future of human kind could evolve. Also, My favourite book is "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" by Douglas Adams. I don't think I've ever read a funnier book. Don't be put off by the film (I didn't much care for it). Or if you like something very challenging to read, try something by Iain M Banks. Hard a nails to read but worth it.

This won't go down too well with many people but I'm a fan of the Twilight Saga.... Yes I know they are a little girly, but I've never been more enraptured by a group of characters than the Cullen family... sad to say but I actually miss having them to read about, after finishing all 4 books.

:17: to the forum Amesy :)

Well, there still is that smallish book about Bree Tanner. You could try that. I haven't read it yet, since I would like to reread the other four books first, but there always is something else to read first.

Erm, I managed to finish that within 4 hours. It was like trying to satisfy a Cocaine addiction with paracetamol... It was something... but not enough. LOL. I do hear rumours that Stephanie Meyers may be releasing a book from Edwards perspective from the period he leaves Bella and ending up at the Volturi's doorstep in New Moon. That would be great if it were to happen. What do you guys think?

:lol: Yeah, you might be right. The shortness of the book actually surprised me when it got released. There are a few chapters online of that Edwards-perspective-book. But it won't be released, unfortunately. It's not finished and the author is kind of fed up/burnt out with the whole story. Well, at least that's what I've read somewhere. The existing chapters are good though. Would love to have a whole book.

:lol: Yeah, you might be right. The shortness of the book actually surprised me when it got released. There are a few chapters online of that Edwards-perspective-book. But it won't be released, unfortunately. It's not finished and the author is kind of fed up/burnt out with the whole story. Well, at least that's what I've read somewhere. The existing chapters are good though. Would love to have a whole book.

You may be right, but I find it very hard to believe that an Author could be fed up/burnt out with the franchise that that pretty much makes them a multimillionaire almost overnight. I'm sure she'll just want a break from it for a while before going back to it. Give it a year or two and I'm sure we'll see something :)