Anthony Horowitz - Raven's Gate

Kell

Author: Anthony Horowitz

ISBN # 0844286193

Publisher: Walker Books

Published: 2005

Genre: Teen fiction

Before the beginning there was the gate and five gatekeepers: Children. Four boys ~ One girl. It has been written. The night of everlasting darkness is drawing in. The gate is about to open. The gatekeepers must return.

Thus begins an adventure that melds magic with science, the past with the present & good with evil.

Matt Freeman is a troubled 14-year-old orphan who lives with his aunt & her partner. After making a terrible mistake, he is made part of the LEAF programme rather than sent to a young offenders' institution & is sent to stay in the foster care of Mrs Deverill in Yorkshire. But all is not as it seems in Hive Hall, nor in the village of Lesser Malling. What is the secret they are hiding? What mysteries are hidden deep in the woods? And what is Raven

• 4 years later...

I liked really like this book this book and the next one in the series is called Evil Star and the third one is NightRise. There is a fourth one out but I haven't found it yet and I don't know the title. This is a really good series because it has adventure, danger, and brings five kids from different parts of the world toghther. If you like this series you might like his other series the Alex Rider series.