Looking for suggestions

I'm new to this site I'm reading at the moment Have a little faith by Mitch Albom ....great author great true stories he wrote Tuesday with Morrie which I have read 27 times great subject always recharges my life batteries ....have all his books at the moment he's in Haiti with his charity called "hole in the roof" getting orphanage up and running for over a hundred babies and toddlers ....hope his next book is based on this life experience.....I read a great deal perhaps 8 to 10 books a month mostly peoples lives but have books on same person but by different authors to get an all round look at that person ...read novels too but only certain authors John Edward ,Toni Morrison, Bill Crosby (light humour) Dan Brown enjoyed Angels and Demons the most!! Can anyone recommend good authors or biographical books ?or autobiographical ones? All suggestions will be looked at in the local book shop thanks

Edited by Michelle

Hello angelstar. :)

I've always enjoyed Bill Bryson's books, they tend to be gentle and fluent, so easily absorbed.

For something a little more political/hard hitting, PJ O'Rourke has written some riveting books over the years. His books can be read without a need to share his political views.

Another favourite of mine, especially her autobiographical works is Maya Angelou.

Hello! I'm not sure if you will like these or not but I have 4 suggestions for you. They are non-fiction and are more like memoirs than autobiographies,(apart from the last book mentioned).

Wild swans by Jung Chang - The story of three generations of women living in China in the 20th century.

Shadows of the workhouse by Jennifer Worth - The author was a midwife in the 1950s. This book tells the stories of the people she met, who were workhouse children.

Call the midwife by Jennifer Worth - Life for The author as a midwife in the 1950s.

Autobiography of a geisha by Sayo Masuda - Life as a geisha in pre-world war 11 Japan.

I hope these will be of some interest to you :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...