Just arrived

Erinath

Hello everyone

I never know what to write in introductions, but here goes. I'm a part-time philosophy student, am married with 4 kids and (here comes the surprising bit) love books. After resisting the urge for roughly a year I went ahead & pre-ordered a Kindle so spend quite a bit of my time lately browsing for the free books.

I think that pretty much sums me up.

Thank you for the warm welcome.

Do you have an favorite genres or authors you like to read?

I don't have a favourite genre or author really. I'm currently trying to get through many of the great classics that I've somehow missed so far, for example I only recently read Slaughterhouse Five and To Kill a Mockingbird. I also enjoy reading philosophical works, lately I've been focussing on ones which deal with the complexities of time. My guilty pleasure when it comes to books is that I love the Sookie Stackhouse series, I just don't enjoy True Blood any more as the books are vastly superior.

There are a lot of Sookie Stackhouse fans here on the forum.

Several of us are about to start reading To Kill a Mockingbird as a kind of mini reading circle. I would love to hear your thoughts on the book. :)

Edited by Kylie

I don't have a favourite genre or author really. I'm currently trying to get through many of the great classics that I've somehow missed so far, for example I only recently read Slaughterhouse Five and To Kill a Mockingbird. I also enjoy reading philosophical works, lately I've been focussing on ones which deal with the complexities of time. My guilty pleasure when it comes to books is that I love the Sookie Stackhouse series, I just don't enjoy True Blood any more as the books are vastly superior.

Those are some great classics you've read, Erinath! How did you find them? I do love the Sookie books as well, although I'm only up to book 4 (I think), and don't get much opportunity to watch the TV show since I don't have HBO. I'm excited to read the rest of the series though! :D