Bunnybooks reading list

bunnybooks

This is my first ever reading list so I'm not sure what I should/shouldn't do, but here I go.

As I am new to the forum and a cannot remember what I was reading at the start of the year (though I think it was mainly manga) my blog will start from late June.

Next to the book title and author I will put a rating out of 10. 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest. Sometimes I might write a reason for my rating.

My reading list will be tiny compared to others but I would be very grateful for any recommendations to help expand my list.

June

Re-read bleach series to no.26 by Tite Kubo 9/10

The Botticelli secret by Marina Fiorato 10/10 - Couldn't put down

July

Mistress of rome by Kate Quinn 10/10 - Couldnt put down

The Lucifer code by Charles Brokaw 4/10 - Disappointing only read half

Keep the home fires burning by Anne Baker 8/10 - Heartwarming

August

The girl now leaving by Betty Burton 8/10 - Unsure about the ending

Haunted by James Herbert 9/10 Still had some questions unanswered at the end. It really bugs me!

The ghosts of sleath by James Herbert 8/10 - Enjoyed the individual character stories.

The lost memoirs of Jane Austen by Syrie James 9/10 - Enjoyable.

Last voyage of The Valentina by Santa Montefiore 10/10 - Easy to get into and never got bored!

The last song of dusk by Siddharth Dhanvant Shanghvi ?/10 - Still reading, please see September for my score as I won't be finished book until then.

September

The last song of dusk by Siddharth Dhanvant Shanghvi 7/10 - Unique writing style, found it hard to get into, good middle, unsure about ending.

The book of air and shadows by Michael Gruber ?/10 Gave up as just couldn't get into, even though it is the sort of book I usually adore.

Remember me by Lesley Pearce ?/10 Still reading

Juliet by Anne Fortier ?/10 Still reading

The lost symbol by Dan Brown ?/10 To be read

Edited by bunnybooks

Hi bunnybooks, :welcomeboard:

Good luck with your reading in 2010. Are you mainly into historical fiction novels or do you like most genre's?

Have you got a 'to be read' list or do you tend to just see what takes your fancy after you've finished a book.

Hope I'm not being too nosey. I'm sure you'll get lots of recommendations on here, if there's one thing we all agree on it's that we love books .. except for the one's we hate :lol:

Hi bunnybooks, :welcomeboard:

Good luck with your reading in 2010. Are you mainly into historical fiction novels or do you like most genre's?

Have you got a 'to be read' list or do you tend to just see what takes your fancy after you've finished a book.

Hope I'm not being too nosey. I'm sure you'll get lots of recommendations on here, if there's one thing we all agree on it's that we love books .. except for the one's we hate :lol:

Hello! I don't tend to have a to be read list but I do have a few on standby that my dad has lent me, these are:

Remember me by Lesley Pearse

The ghosts of sleath by James Herbert

When darkness falls by Paul Zindel

I generally walk into a book store and pick out one or two that I want to read next.

I like most genres, mainly fantasy but I have been reading sagas. I also like murder mysteries, not modern ones, something with a bit of history. I tend to steer clear of modern chick lit as I have found it too predictable, then again I might pick one up soon and give it a go...As I mentioned I also read manga but they don't keep me occupied for long!

As for hating books I'm sure some people will hate the books I read (my other half for one) and I might not like all the books that they enjoy. Everyone has their own preferences after all. :D

Betty Burton - The girl now leaving

Am now on page 295 of 410. This one seems to be taking ages! I can't really say what I'm going to rate it yet, I'm finding some parts better than others...

• 1 month later...

I have now officially given up on The book of air and shadows by Michael Gruber. I have found it so hard to get into, I don't know if it was the writing style that put me off. I might pick it up again one day in the future, but for now I am happily saying goodbye!

• 1 year later...