Hi there : )

Shade

Hello everyone : ) I guess I have to say something about myself. Well, I have only recently fallen in love with books and therefore the majority of the members here(if not all) have read so much more than me, but I hope we could find something to talk about.

I can't think of anything else at the moment so if there's something you want to know, just ask : )

Thanks guys : )

To lopeanha - I used to read fantasy, you know Tolkien, Rowling, Martin, Lewis, Le Guin, the typical stuff. However, when it wasn't enough anymore, I started to read not-so-typical as Gaiman and Susanna Clarke. Now I'm more interested in classics from the last two centuries.

To bunnybooks - "Lord of the Rings" by John R.R. Tolkien made me want to look into the world of books and I will always remember it as the beginning.

Thanks guys : )

To lopeanha - I used to read fantasy, you know Tolkien, Rowling, Martin, Lewis, Le Guin, the typical stuff. However, when it wasn't enough anymore, I started to read not-so-typical as Gaiman and Susanna Clarke. Now I'm more interested in classics from the last two centuries.

To bunnybooks - "Lord of the Rings" by John R.R. Tolkien made me want to look into the world of books and I will always remember it as the beginning.

I love it when you can really feel part of a fictional world, that's one of the things I find that makes for a good page turner.

To lopeanha - I've read Stardust and in my opinion it's not so interesting as some of his other works. Still, it's good but The Sandman, American Gods, Fragile Things are far more enjoyable and brilliant than this one. For Coraline I can't say because I haven't been able to find it anywhere and read it but some friends have recommended it to me so I guess it's quite good.

To bunnybooks - I agree, the feeling of being somehow involved in the world is a great motivator for reading : )

Hi Shade, welcome to the Forum, if you like Gaiman have you tried any China Mieville books?

Hi : ) I'm thinking of buying Perdido Street Station by Mieville and The Year of our War by Steph Swainston(although I'm not quite sure that I could find this one). But unfortunately I haven't read anything from New Weird(yeah, I know, shame on me).