Hitmen in fiction

I know I shouldn't really be starting new threads as a newbie, but I was wondering if anyone can suggest some thrillers about hitmen? I've read the Matthew Keller series by Laurence Block, and I own "The Day of the Jackal" by Frederick Forsyth, but apart from that I haven't come across a whole lot. Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

The Silver Bear by Derek Haas - not my usual read, but I really enjoyed it. http://bookclubforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=6074

I won this in the competition and can second this, excellent read, not my usual thing either but I enjoyed it very much.

Are you looking for true crime or fiction?

If true crime I read Mafia Enforcer recently and it was enjoyable, a mix of biker crime and mob hit man.

I would recommend "Garden of Beasts", also by Jeffrey Deaver. The main charactor is a hitman sent from America to Berlin to assassinate an associate of Hitler's during the 1936 Olympics.

Ian

I enjoyed the Matthew Keller series also and anything by Laurence Block. You could try Barry Eisler's John Rain series

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/e/barry-eisler/

Just discovered Barry Eisler by chance this weekend whilst raiding my dad's collection. Very rewarding, will definitely continue with the series.

It's been a while since I read it but I'm pretty sure one of the main character in the Bodies Left Behind by Jeffery Deaver is a hitman.

Indeed, it was the second Jeffery Deaver novel I've read, alongside "The Blue Nowhere". Top drawer.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, they have been noted!