Thr3e by Ted Dekker

Dekker delivers another page-turner with this psychological Christian thriller about Kevin Parson, a 28-year-old seminary student who suddenly becomes the target of an evil nemesis called Slater. Obsessed both with Kevin's downfall and the number 3, Slater initiates a game in which Kevin must answer riddles to avoid Slater's destructive, potentially murderous retribution. Slater particularly wants Kevin to publicly confess a secret sin, and Kevin is at a loss as to what that sin might be. Once Dekker establishes this premise, he masterfully takes readers on a ride full of plot twists and turns. Not only does he spin a compelling tale of cat and mouse, but he also creates a narrative world in which it's possible that no one is quite who he or she seems. Dekker gradually discloses his protagonist's nightmarish childhood and delivers an almost perfect blend of suspense, mystery and horror. Dekker's prose is strong, putting him in a league above many other evangelical Christian writers and showing improvement over his previous work. Aside from following certain Christian fiction guidelines such as making his gorgeous 20-something characters entirely virginal, Dekker eschews most of the conventions of evangelical fiction. His spiritual message is subtle and devoid of the theologically and politically conservative agenda present in other novels.

Copyright 2003 Reed Business Information, Inc -Amazon-

I just finished this Novel Last night, i have to say although it had its very exciting parts, i found myself bored 75% of the time. I really Disliked this novel, feel free to give me your thoughts, the ending was different than any i have ever read, so it had that going for it. Again though i disliked this book and i doubt i will read another Ted Dekker novel.

• 1 year later...

I had no idea this was even a book, I accidentally watched the movie version of it a few years ago. I am quite the opposite of a Christian and was disappointed at what I thought would be a great movie from the sound of it. As far as it being made into a book I can't understand how it could be good, it was just a terrible movie even without taking into account that it was religious.