The Complete Winnie the Pooh by A. A. Milne

Kate

Synopsis from Waterstones

Complete WTP brings together two of A. A. Milne's best-loved stories: Winnie-the-Pooh and The House at Pooh Corner. It is illustrated throughout with the original black and white line drawings by Ernest H. Shepard.

This book was an absolute delight to read. Every Winne-the-Pooh story was there and every one I enjoyed. The stories feature all the well-loved characters: Winnie-the-Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore, Owl, Rabbit, Kanga and Roo, Tigger and Christopher Robin.

Milne is a fabulous writer and there is plenty of wit and intelligence in these books. If you think they are just for children you are wrong. There are several comments that children would not understand but would make an adult laugh. There were plenty of times I sniggered and I read all the stories with a smile on my face.

I found these stories so compelling and the more I read the more I wanted. The illustrations are beautiful too and just complete the book. I loved this collection and I cannot wait to get onto the poems. This is well worth reading for both adults and children.

5/5

The Winnie-the-Pooh books were my absolute favourite reads as a child - they are fabulous! Sadly, the only one I have from then is The Hums of Pooh - I don't know what happened to the others.

Unfortunately the magic of the books didn't rub off on my children, who both preferred the Disney film versions.

Was this your first Reading of them, Kate?

I adore Winnie The Pooh, I've had my complete collection since I was a child. It's a hardback with all colour illustrations. I loved the Disney cartoon growing up too, but the books are much better.