PodCasts

nicholbb

Does anyone listen to PodCasts with narrated short stories (fiction, fantasy, sci-fi, etc) that they'd recommend? If so what are they and what keeps you listening?

I listen to a few including:

The Drabblecast

http://web.me.com/normsherman/Site/Podcast/Podcast.html

This non kid friendly (well you'd best listen to them first) does odd and sometimes very wrong short stories. It's a mixture of Sci-Fi, Horror and strange fiction. The quality of the production is high, there is some subtle accompaniment of music and sound effects. The host (Norm Sherman) always keeps the introductions light and funny.

There is normally a bit of odd news, a proper drabble (100 word story), a short story and a twabble (100 character story via twitter). Occasionally there is also some poetry and even a song.

Edited by nicholbb
This has been edited for clarity in response to post by Chesilbeach, to ensure posts don't overlap.

I don't listen to any story based, but I did start a thread about book TV, radio and podcasts here. Having said I don't listen to any story based podcasts, I did listen to the wonderful Sir Ian McKellan reading Wolf Brother by Michelle Paver, which audible.co.uk put out as a free podcast in 14 episodes, and looking at iTunes, it's still available there.

Yes I did see read your post and an audio book post (http://bookclubforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=78&highlight=audiobook). I was in two minds to post on one of these or start a new one.

So I decided to go for new (in this area because Michelle 'The Boss' put her audiobook one here:)) but differentiate it by restricting to Story.

On reflection that's not terribly clear or defined so I've edited my original to talk about narrated short stories (fiction, sci-fi, fantasy, etc).

(if an Admin wishes to merge I have no problems with that)

Edited by nicholbb