What do you collect?

Book Fiend

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything with Eeyore on it including: too many stuffed toys, cushions, pj holders, hot waterbottle holders. I have around 25 mugs, two glasses, four egg cups, two bowls, different sizes of ornaments, two money boxes, a dangly toy for my phone, a phone sock, key ring, posters, mousemat, inflatable eeyore hanging from my curtains :blush: I also have pens, stationary, a pencil case, a purse, a small book called Eeyores Book of Gloom, slippers, pjs, a watch, a nodding eeyore, photo frames, a trinket box, and a clock. I also used to have posters but took them down because I redecorated.

It's also a standard thing in my family that all my birthdays are eeyore birthday cards and wrapping paper. Most of the things above have been gifts :tong:

Ok, now that I've wrote it down, I think I've got a bit of an obsession.

You would love my Eeyore teddy, my sister bought me it as a homecoming gift. When you press his hand his ears flop up and down and he sings "if you're happy and you know it clap your ears" and "do your ears hang low" he is way cute!!!

Ummm... Where do I start? First there is the book collection, which has taken on a life of its' own. I guess comics come next, with a mass of stuff from the fifties and sixties which takes up way too much room. I've a fair collection of World annuals building as well, mostly the television annuals. There's a few thousand DVDs, which isn't technically a collection as the only thing which links them all is the format - it's a mix of genres and eras, same with the CDs. Computer games? I've still got all of the Amstrad and Speccy tapes from days of yore, with the collection encompassing PC, Jaguar, Playstation, Gamecube and Xbox releases.

Most of my videos got thrown out when I switched to DVD, but I probably had 10+ thousand at one point.

Edited by BigWords

You would love my Eeyore teddy, my sister bought me it as a homecoming gift. When you press his hand his ears flop up and down and he sings "if you're happy and you know it clap your ears" and "do your ears hang low" he is way cute!!!

Aww yeah I've seen him, he's cute :tong: I don't have a speaking/musical one though :blush:

Ehh. Nothing? OKay, books, but that's not really collecting is it, that's because I love reading. But otherwise nothing. I don't have room for collecting too, though not all stuff takes up space, but there's really nothing I like enough to collect. I'm picky too, so even if I like one thing, good chance I'll hate the next thing with that theme that comes along. And I won't put something that I think is ugly in my house, no matter how much I love the theme. :lol:

I actually don't mind, mom collects porcelain dolls and the whole house is full of it, also with the angels/fairy statues thingies she collects. If she sees one, she has to buy. A friend of mine collects anything (or well, the quality stuff) from Batman, Superman, Terminator, Nightmare before Christmas and I can go on like that for a while, he's addicted and spends way too much money on this stuff while he doesn't have room to put it up.

So I see what collecting something can lead to, and I don't really regret not collecting anything. Heh. :smile2:

Pigs, in the form of Cuddly toys, money boxes, ceramics, cups, magnets.

Anything really! as long as it is pigs, although I have also started collecting penquins. At one of the continental markets at Christmas, I picked up penquins in the form of russian dolls, they are class!

Oh and did I mention my collection of Russian Dolls?

I have a collection of books also.

Never gotten the whole Star Wars hype. Used to love the films when I was a kid, now as an adult, not so much. However I didn't really get the hype as such, being born in 1982. :lol:

And pigs. Ugh. :D

IF I'd collect anything, it'd be Lord of the Rings stuff. Oh, I thought of something. I now own Legolas' fighting knives (they were a gift and I love them), and I have another dagger, not LotR related, but similar. With my ex we had more of those, but we split them up.

I would like to have more of those.. you know, pretty, fancy (fake) knives and swords, and maybe axes too. Not guns, don't like those. But yeah, swords me like.

I have a good friend who collected stuff from Star Wars back in the 70's too, Steve, and still does although not as much. She actually has a small room for her collection and has a hard time keeping her little daughters out of it! :lol: I, however, was a Barbie freak back in the 70's...

Just funny, because in Dutch, we don't really have as many slang words and English seems to have.:D

We also have the regional slang words, just to confuse things even further! It gets confusing just travelling around, I'm frequently "Huh?" about many of our slang words. :D

Can you imagine what it's like for someone whos first language is not english? I mean, my english is good, I have a friend that lives in England and when I go to see him, apart from the accent, people there sometimes say they'd never know it wasn't my native language. But seriously, those slang words get me confused sometimes, add an accent sometimes and well, I'm lost. :D

Tbh I never heard of chook either...The english language is surprising, I was only just having a conversation with my brother about how negative words are used for positive meanings now more so and that can get confusing at times like someone said 'your voice is ridiculous' on some music show and they meant it was great....:D