Kim Harrison

rune

I've read this series. A witch, a vampire and pixie end up as business partners and house mates. You have to love Jenks and his "Tinks (add any word like knickers) swear words. Oh and his fifty something children too. Rachel's relationship with Ivy is so complicated. Here's her website.

http://www.kimharrison.net/

The hollows series starts with Dead Witch Walking, yes it seems Harrison has a thing for Clint Eastwood movies. See here for excerpt

http://www.kimharrison.net/BookPages/DWW/DWW.html

The latest book to be released soon is Black Magic Sanction.

So good to see other fans :D

Im going to re-read Dead Witch Walking the first book, so I can post up a review on my blog

I've followed it from the start and really like the humour and action in this series. One of the best female lead characters around I think :D

I read the first two but found them to be really boring, so I didn't bother with the rest of the series. I wouldn't even have bothered with the 2nd one except that I got them both as a single choice from a book club. I wasn't keen on the writing either so these were a complete washout for me - I just felt they weren't alkl that original and that it's been done far better by other authors - I'd rather read Kelley Armstrong and Charlaine Harris for my supernatural kicks as I'm then guaranteed a good read!

It always interests me when you have two people read the same book and see if differently

I much prefer Kim Harrison's writing style than Charlaine Harris. I find Harris' work entertaining, but I dont find them as involved or even as witty as Harrison's work.

I've started reading Dead Witch Walking and was instantly reminded why I like the Morgan character so much. Harrison has written her with a wise ass humour with I do enjoy. And she gets into so much trouble :D

Jenks also is one of my favourite characters, instantly you get his attitude and mischief :D

This series was started about 5 years ago, and I feel other authors have read it and tried to copy the format

Not that I think they've achieved the same feel of this series, but I suppose thats an indication of how much fun this series is :censored:

I've just added a review for her first book on my blog too

Edited by rune

Kelley Armstrong & Charlaine Harris both started their series in 2001, Kim Harrison didn't start the Rachel Morgan books until 2004. I quite liked the first few books but lost interest after

she killed off Kisten

as he was my favourite character :censored:

• 1 year later...

I read the first book last year some time, and didn't like it that much. I remember it being quite slow and drawn out, and felt that with about 100 pages cut out, it would have been more fast paced. I didn't think I was going to bother with the rest of the series, but came across them again with some comments saying after a slow start with the first book, the series picks up so I decided to try the second one, and so far, I think it's a bit better. I'm about half way through, and I still think it's a bit long, but there is more going on in this story so far, and I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would.