Books being cheap and more often than not free..

Hi im Angie,new to this site but just read your post.Reading is def a lost art nowadays.Many will suggest that it is lack of time rather than lack of interest but everybody is different I guess.For me its mainly crime books or anything that goes bump in the night but could stick my head in almost any book I suppose.Its a great way to escape reality for a little while,I like to immerse myself in somebody elses problems for a couple of hours a night(guilt free of course as the characters arent actually going through it).Watching a film after a book often leaves me dissapointed as the characters grow in my head as I read a book and become almost a family to me for the life of that book and hence me reading alot by the same authors as they tend to use the same characters again and again.That way I dont feel too sad when I finish the book as I know they will be back in my life again soon(am I sad?).I do think more people should read and espcially they should start them off from a very early age and get them interested,its not just escapism but there is a wealth of knowledge to be had from book reading,im just greatfull for sites like this so im comforted in the thoughts that I am not alone in my love of books,sorry if this seems like a rant but like I said im new to this and love talking about books.