Heff's Books in 2010

Heffalumpi

I have been very interested in looking at the lists of read books left by others so have decided to leave one myself this year so that I can keep track of what I have read!! I have quite varied tastes and will give almost anything a go.

Read in 2010

Michael Schumacher Driving Force - Sabine Kehm

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest - Steig Larsson

Schumacher, The Quest for Redemption - James Allen

A Vintage Affair - Isabel Wolff

Twenties Girl - Sophie Kinsella

Blacklands - Belinda Bauer

Rebecca - Daphne du Maurier

We Bought a Zoo - Benjamin Mee

A Quiet Belief in Angels - EJ Ellory

Minus Nine to One: Diary of an Honest Mum - Jools Oliver

Bombers and Mash: The Domestic Front 1939-45 - Raynes Minns

Slapton Sands - Francis Cottam

Keeping the Dead - Tess Gerritsen

Past Imperfect - Julian Fellows

The Time Travellers Wife - Audrey Niffenegger

The White Queen - Philippa Gregory

The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown

Road To Paradise - Paullina Simons

Rebecca's Tale - Sally Beauman

We Have Always Lived in the Castle - Shirley Jackson

Not Buying It - Judith Levine

The Haunting of Hill House - Shirley Jackson

The House of Special Purpose - John Boyne

The Other Half Lives - Sophie Hannah

Unnatural Causes - PD James

The Point of Rescue - Sophie Hannah(currently reading)

Edited by Heffalumpi
Updated

Wish List/TBR Pile

No Time for Goodbye - Linwood Barclay

Mercy - Jodi Picoult

Second Glance - Jodi Picoult

Keeping Faith - Jodi Picoult

Tomorrow - Graham Swift

Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid - Bill Bryson

Shakespear - Bill Bryson

Edited by Heffalumpi
Updated

You a fan of Schumie I suppose? I should introduce you to my friend. He worships him :|

I'd like to know what you feel about Rebecca - Daphne du Maurier I've seen this book on the bookshelf at my favorite shop a lot and would love an opinion.

Jodi Picoult huh? Isn't someone a huge fan of hers on this forum? I remember seeing the bookshelf picture.... come out you.

Hello Heff, I read Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella last year when it came out and totally loved it! It was just so funny and light and so easy to read, I know chick lit isn't everyone's cup of tea but I do enjoy it now and then. My sister just read it the other week and couldn't put it down either - i hope you enjoy it when you get around to reading it :blush:

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest - Steig Larsson

Blacklands - Belinda Bauer

Rebecca - Daphne du Maurier (currently reading)

I have the first two on my 'to read' pile (well, technically Blacklands isn't on the pile as it's over at my Mum's as we went halves on it!), and Rebecca is one of my favourite books ever. :lol:

Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid - Bill Bryson

Shakespear - Bill Bryson

Past Imperfect - Julian Fellows

I've read Shakespeare - it was really good, I thought. There is a lot of criticism on it on Amazon because it's quite basic, but I think it was a good introduction to the Bard. :blush:

I'd like the other two listed above.

(Welcome to BCF, btw!)

Thanks for all of your replies. Your right I am a huge Schummi fan:mrgreen:

I have just finished Rebecca and thought that it was a fantastic book, I can't believe it waited so long on my TBR pile. It has turned into one of my all time favourites. It is so well written and the story is one that will linger long after the book is finished.

I am not a huge Chick Lit fan but sometimes I do need it due to the million other things going on in my life - it is great for when you want an easy read that instantly transports you somewhere else. Twenties Girl was really good and the story not totally typical of a chick lit book. I loved the idea of a ghost as well as the modern side of things.

Jodi Picoult is not a huge favourite even though it features quite alot on my TBR pile. I read a couple last summer and got a bit bored of the samey pattern of the stories, however someone at work was getting rid of a few of her books and heard me talking about them so brought them in for me. I will read them, just not sure when as there are books that I would much prefer to read first:blush:

This was a very interesting, and at times moving book about a family who clubbed together to buy a zoo. It was of particular interest to me as it was a place that I visited a few times as a child and the last time that I visited it was shortly before it closed under the old management.

It was great to read this determined famillies struggle to get the zoo and re-open it again to the public. I would recommend this book especially my friends who will have visited this zoo too.