Stephen Leather

Esiotrot

I read and enjoyed Private Dancer, which is about at the Thai Bar girls and their relationships with Tourists. It has changed my perceptions of these girls and was really interesting to learn about a their culture and different priorities. The book is based on real people/ places and as it says on the cover - its a must read for any visitors to Thailand.

I have just ordered Cold Kill from Amazon and wondered if anyone else has read any Stephen Leather books. Any comments as always appreciated

:wink:

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I've just started reading his books as was told the books were similar to Lee Child the Jack Reacher series the first book payback was good but didnt think much to the 2nd one the fireman just finished the china man and realy enjoyed it. this was based on an ira bombing theme. will look to read some more of his still to see if can get into them

being a northern irish man at birth the chinaman was a particular fav of mine...the only other book similar was Harrys Game set in northern ireland...it was brilliant i read at least twice here'e a link

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Harrys-Game-Gerald-Seymour/dp/0552147222/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1266524565&sr=1-1

• 2 weeks later...
I've got two novels in one volume by Stephen Leather from RISI the two story's are Pay Off & Eye Witness :smile2:

I also have Hard Landing which I am reading at the moment. When I went to put it down for the night I look for the end of the chapter only to find there is no chapters. The 2 books mentioned in the quote I looked at to and found that this is an author who does not use chapters. The book Hard Landing that I am reading just now is good and I am enjoying this author.

• 2 weeks later...

I have read Hard Landing and Pay Off both books I enjoyed but I think I will leave Eye Witness until later. The stories are good and easy reading but much of the same they would be good for holiday or a journey in a car or bus. I will read the other book but I wouldn't go out and buy this author again although I enjoyed the books.