May

Cell by Stephen King unfinished

Forever Odd by Dean Koontz unfinished

June

Fatherland by Robert Francis

June/July

Under the dome by Stephen King

Edited by Johnny Carson Whit

Hey Johnny if you want to try something different why not have a go at the reading circle book? It is a Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseni (I know I spelt that wrong but I can't be bothered to check).

I just started it but some have not got theirs yet.

Just a thought.

Good reviews.

I read The Day of the Jackal by Forsyth when it came out long ago. It was his first book I believe, and I found it a terrific read (also a good movie). Then came The Odessa Steps which was a slog (the movie too). Never tried another.

Nice to see another Karin Slaughter fan, I think she's one of the best authors in her genre. Have you ever tried Jeffery Deaver's Lincoln Rhyme -series? They are the best ;)

If you're up for suggestions that would take you away from your "typical boyish titles", I'd like to suggest Fingersmith by Sarah Waters. An amazing historical novel, with a sort of a crime mystery attached.

2. The Afghan by Frederick Forsyth

2/10 The Author seems to be confused as to whether he wants to write a piece of fiction or an account of past real life events. Getting through this book was a total drag for me. I have read other military based fiction novels and been totally engrossed from the first to the last page, not with this one. I wont be reading any more of Mr Forsyth's work

My husband also read this in January, and he said much the same. It was his first Forsyth - and his last!

Nice to see another Karin Slaughter fan, I think she's one of the best authors in her genre. Have you ever tried Jeffery Deaver's Lincoln Rhyme -series? They are the best :D

If you're up for suggestions that would take you away from your "typical boyish titles", I'd like to suggest Fingersmith by Sarah Waters. An amazing historical novel, with a sort of a crime mystery attached.

Thanks for the recommendations, I shall add them to my ever-growing list :D it's starting to scare me

Haha yes, ever-growing TBRs are the hazard of joining this forum. There should be a warning when one's registering! :D

Looking forward to reading your thoughts on the Fingersmith and the Deaver novels when you have time to read and finish them! :D

• 2 weeks later...
log updated, new opinion added on my latest read for anyone mildly interested, which I don't expect, this is just for my own reference really.

I'm interested Johnny. You are one of the people I look out for when they post up. So what you got lined up to read next? You gonna play safe and stick with your usual genre?

I'm interested Johnny. You are one of the people I look out for when they post up. So what you got lined up to read next? You gonna play safe and stick with your usual genre?

Well thank you vodkafan :lol: I've got Water for elephants on hold for me at the library that i'll pick up this week. I've decided to tackle The Stand again in the meantime and intend to spend most of today reading that, it is huuuge though so once I get my latest from the library I will have it on the sidelines to read, (again) as it usuallly takes me months to get through it as its sooo big.