What are your reading resolutions for 2010?

ian

Mine is simply to read more non-fiction this year. Quite how I'm going to cram it in with all the fiction I'm getting through I don't know!

regards

Ian

Edited by Echo

Mine is simply to read more non-fiction this year. Quite how I'm going to cram it in with all the fiction I'm getting through I don't know!

I could have written that myself! I would really like to read more non-fiction, of various subjects. I think I may drop a non-fiction onto my TBR pile, for say every 4 or 5 fiction. It'll also get me back down the library as I have tons of unread fiction books but hardly any non-fiction on my shelves.

(I just wrote the word 'fiction' far too many times and now it doesn't sound like a real word :D)

I hate it when that happens too - LOL!

I'd like to aim for one book per week. I managed that last year and it felt great to be getting back into the swing of things again. My reading has slowed down considerably since I got pregnant with Xander. I started off 2008 as usual, but as the year wore on I read less and less, and then once Xander was born, my reading time fell through the floor. 52 is little more than a third of what I used to read each year, but it feels like a major accomplishment these days! :D

I've also pledged to myself that I will only buy a book after reading 3 on my existing TBR pile (the Read 3, Buy 1 Challenge). I'm also planning on reading the entire Southern Vampires series by Charlaine Harris and the Revolution series by Simon Scarrow over the course of the year.

Edited by Kell

From my book-log thread:

1. I shall read one book from Mount TBR for every new book I buy

2. I shall read at the very minimum a book a month, although one a week would be better

3. In order to accomplish 1 and 2, I shall train myself to stop close-reading leisure books

Mine is to tackle Mount TBR, which grew obscenely huge last year. I'm not confident about my reading mojo returning to its former glory, but I plan on reading at least one TBR book per month.

For me, to read more. Last year has been a bad year for me, and I couldn't keep my attention on a book, so I read very little. And if I read anything it was from my book collection, a.k.a. books I had read a million times. So for me, read more, read more new books, and try to read books I have been wanting to read forever. It's not really my TBR pile cause I dont have these books myself, but more like, books I have been thinking about reading for a while, mostly classics.

Also, not just to stick to the easy books, you know, the quick-read kind. Read books I have to work a little harder for.

Oh and to get further in series I haven't completed yet. Anne McCaffrey, Robert Jordan, Stephen King's Dark Tower series.

And to try to read The Lord of the Rings trilogy, in english finally. :)

I have never cared much for non-fiction books, so not really read more of those, maybe one or two astronomy ones.

I want to try not to buy so many books again, this year, and to reduce my TBR pile to zero. In fact, I'm aiming to only buy new books once mount TBR is out of the way. Also, this year, instead of taking my old unwanted books to the secondhand store to swap for other people's old unwanted books (:)), I'm going to donate them to my local library.

Oooh Scarlette, I didn't know you could donate books to the library *ponders* mmm, the local library is rather closer than the not-very-local Oxfam... :) yes!! Thank you.

And before you think I'm a saint too Univerze, let it be known I'm only getting rid of books that 1. I have not read and 2. I wish to re-buy in copies that are in better shape:lurker:.

Oooh Scarlette, I didn't know you could donate books to the library *ponders* mmm, the local library is rather closer than the not-very-local Oxfam... :) yes!! Thank you.

Probably best to check with them first, as I know my library aren't allowed to accept donated books - something to do with budgets and spending, or some such nonsense.

Probably best to check with them first, as I know my library aren't allowed to accept donated books - something to do with budgets and spending, or some such nonsense.

Hmm, yes, I didn't even think of this. :) I'll go by there when I have a day off again and ask them. Either way, those books are being donated to some or other place or person. :smile2:

My resolution is to read as much as I can. Simple really. I should try to spend less time here, but we'll see about that. :D

I wish I could resolve to actually decrease my TBR pile, but I know that's just impossible, so I won't even bother trying. (After all, I bought almost 300 books last year and only read 86. :D)

I want to read as much as possible, my target is ~100 books. I also want to read as many books off my TBR as possible, I seriously want to reduce the size of that mount!

Also, I haven't read in Swedish in ages so I want to read at least five books in Swedish this year.

I've only been on here a couple of days and alreay you guys are a bad influence. So many ideas for books to read, so little money to buy them!

I want to try and reduce my TBR and get some Classic's under my belt.

(I just spent 2 minutes trying to figure out how to spell Litrature lol I've been relying on spell check for far too long!)

I would also try some new authers as I'm currently running out!

To read at least another 50 pages of London: The Biography. And if I keep that up, I'll have finished it by the end of the decade.

I'd like to read this. How are you finding the book Andy? Had a look on Amazon and it's 848 pages long!!!

I've only been on here a couple of days and alreay you guys are a bad influence. So many ideas for books to read, so little money to buy them!....

Same here Cookie! Only registered last month and i'm steadily building up a list of books to be read :D. I'm even noticing books that i didn't think would be of interest! It's all good fun :D.